Waste Water Engineer At Mombasa Water Supply And Sanitation
Waste Water Engineer At Mombasa Water Supply And Sanitation 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Mombasa Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited is a limited liability company that was established in March 2011. The company took over the operations of water and sewerage services provision in Mombasa County as from 1st September, 2005. This was after finalizing negotiations on the water Service Agreement with the Coast Water Services Board and appointing the first Board of Directors. Owing to Corporate Management challenges under the appointed board of directors, the company failed to attain key performance indicators in the provision of water and sewerage services and was taken over by the Ministry of Water and Irrigation. Thereafter, it was incorporated in March, 2011 under the companies Act chapter 486 Laws of Kenya, and was finally operationalised in 25th July, 2011 under a new Board of Directors. The company has the mandate to providing cost effective and affordable quality water and sanitation services to the residents of Mombasa County.
Purpose for the job
To oversee the operation and maintenance activities of the sewer networks, pumping stations and the waste water treatment plants
- Monitoring and guidance on industrial effluent discharge at Kipevu Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Wastewater quality control and environmental conservation
- Ensure that the plant and equipment are maintained as per the set schedules.
- Ensure proper security of treatment plants and sewer network and pump station facilities.
- Ensure the plants and their surroundings are kept clean and tidy.
- Maintain records for all the operations and prepare the necessary reports. Ensure work plans and maintenance/preventative schedules are prepared, maintained and implemented across all stations.
- Champion the drafting of policy for alternative revenue sources from the treatment plants products and fees from institutions on learning or benchmarking missions.
- Ensure all waste generated or separated, both solid and liquid is appropriately handled and disposed in compliance with the relevant standards.
- Ensure all the stations have access controls and are properly and adequately guarded in line with company policy.
- Formulate health and safety standards for each station to be adhered to by the staff and visitors/customers.
- Work in close liaison with Operations Manager – Waste Water to ensure operations in all the stations are efficient and effective.
- Monitor raw water sewage quality for appropriate action in case of deviation, this shall be in liaison with the quality assurance officer for identification of culprits especially the trade dischargers.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the head of division/Department.
- A Degree in Civil Engineering/Waste Water, Environmental Engineering
- A registered Engineer/Environmental Impact Assessment and Audit Expert
- 5 years experience in a related field
Required skills and competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to adopt in a highly changing environment
- Strong leadership, management skills
- Be a team player and uphold integrity
Basic Salary Details : 50,000 – 98,997 Kshs. per month
Terms of employment: Permanent and pensionable
In additional to the above requirements, each candidate must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through provision of;-
Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department.
Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
Closing Date : 10th June, 2021