The Kenya National Commission On Human Rights Is Looking For A Driver!!apply Now!!
The Kenya National Commission On Human Rights Is Looking For A Driver!!apply Now!! 1 PositionThe Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
Duration: Permanent and Pensionable
Gross Salary: Kshs. 37,666.00
This position is responsible for the facilitation of movement of the Commission staff to the respective destination is done in a safe manner by use of designated routes, locked vehicles at all times, observation of speed limits, passenger use of safety belt as per the Commission’s travel policy.
- Facilitate the transfer of Commission staff to field activities on time and in a safe and reliable manner.
- Pick and drop official Commission visitors and staff, to and from airport and take them to their required destination.
- Inform the Administration Officer of due motor vehicle insurance and the Senior Driver/ Mechanic of due mechanical service of all Commission vehicles.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Commission vehicle at all times, carry out routine basic service check before use of the vehicle and report any defects to Senior Driver/Mechanic.
- Ensure a work ticket is produced and approved before taking up any assignment and record all details including use of fuel card before submission to Administration Officer.
- Observe defensive driving skills at all times during transfers to ensure fuel efficiency and forecast potential hazards ahead and avoid the said hazard.
- Collect assignment schedules from Administration Officer and carry out official errands such as payments of utilities bills, collects and delivers mails and collect approved visas on behalf of commission staff.
- Assist in basic support functions of Office administration i.e. photocopies, binding and filing when in the office, pending a transfer assignment.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (D+) or equivalent grade and a Valid BCE Driving Licence
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of major towns in Kenya.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (Traffic Act).
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Good Organizational and Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work well with teams.
- Certificate of good conduct
- Compliance with chapter six of the constitution.
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer and qualified female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.