Technical Trainer At Scania East Africa
Technical Trainer At Scania East Africa 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
This role is responsible for the whole Driver Trainer team within East Africa region, arranges demanding trainings and covers all the essentials connected with driver trainings. The Technical Trainer is capable and knowledgeable of all ranges of training, but his/her main role is to manage all the activities, all the driver trainers, and to also keep a good relationship with customers (both internal and external).
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, following defined and updated standards and guidelines. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Management of driver trainings activities and driver coaching activities, responsible for trainings services provided to customers, proposal of learning solutions.
- Develop, plan, coordinate, implement and document all aspects of training levels and topics for customer drivers.
- To lead and manage driver trainer and driver coaching team within East Africa.
- To plan, co-ordinate, support and follow-up the activities of the team.
- To report the performance and results of the team.
- To learn, implement new trends and tools in driver training and driver coaching operations and to train the trainers.
- To ensure positive financial result of the operations.
- Cooperation and high communication within internal environment of Scania and external customers.
- Evaluate driver performance by doing road tests after conducting trainings.
- Follow up on training activities to ensure training are followed up in proper manner.
- Key customer care.
- Apply technology and techniques in the delivery of training.
- Plan, design and implement competency-based assessments to measure participant performance
- Develop, maintain and utilize databases containing driver qualification files, training schedules, accident reports student data and testing records. Develop training schedules from databases.
- Conduct, analyse and prepare course evaluation reports
- Maintain knowledge of changes, improvements and innovations concerning company products and services.
- Improve own training, presentation and learning materials connected to DCS.
- Responsible for necessary reporting and analysis.
Scania’s six Core Values apply to all positions:
Customer first Respect for the individual Elimination of waste
Determination Team spirit Integrity
Scania’s Leadership Principles, which support our common way of thinking about leadership, also applies to this role:
- Co-ordinate but work independently – take responsibility
- Work with details and understand the context
- Act now – think long term
- Build know-how through continuous learning
- Stimulate commitment through involvement
- Use deviations as bas for improvements
- Dare to try – manage the risks
To perform the job successfully, an individual should also demonstrate the following competencies:
- Understanding of Legal Issues
- Strategic Thinking
- Product Knowledge
- Services Knowledge
- Business Finance
To perform this role successfully, an individual must meet these minimum qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Diploma, College, Technical or University Degree.
- Computer literate. Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Powerpoint.
- Relevant work experience within driver training area.
- Focus on Fuel efficiency and vehicle performance.
- Driving licence C+E needed, D is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain upto date understanding of products and services necessary to perform duties and tasks – Understands Scania products and services value position connected to processes and business.
- Familiar with presentation techniques and mediums and bale to create presentation using technical aids and templates adapted to target groups.
- Ability to make others to make the most of their qualities and competences to accomplish tasks and solve problems through coaching.
- Know variety of learning and methods and is able to select most adequate ones to fit the purpose and the target groups. Should be comfortable in making public presentations to audiences both big and small.
- Have a thorough understanding of pedagogical/andragogical theories and principles such as adult learning styles, high impact learning and evaluations.
- Other tasks according the role position may be issued by the Department Head.
- People management skills.
- Effective influencing skills.
- A high level of analytical and innovation skills.
- Knowledge of the Scania products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to “scan” the target group.
- Ability to continuously change a training to the target group.
- Ability to work with different training methods.
- Active knowledge of the Swahili and English language.
Interested applicants should send their applications by COB 15th March 2021.
Vacancies in Transport & LogisticsView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.