Team Assistant At Children's Investment Fund Foundation (ciff)
Team Assistant At Children's Investment Fund Foundation (ciff) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The main purpose of the role:
The Team Assistant will provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Africa Directors (working alongside Executive Assistant Africa), the Africa Business Partner and the wider Nairobi team. This support will include diary management for the Directors, travel and event planning, and document/information management. The position requires proficiency with office applications and in organising digital information, broad administrative skills and a high level of efficiency.
The position will be privy to sensitive information that requires the highest level of confidentiality and judgment. This is an excellent opportunity for an organised professional with excellent communications skills, who wants to be part of an exciting, growing and mission-driven organisation.
- Manage the calendars of the Africa Directors; support the Executive Assistant with the management of the Africa Director’s calendars.
- Support the Africa Directors with event planning; including virtual events, internal team meetings and offsites. Support in the planning and coordination of high-level meetings, both internal and external.
- Arrange travel for Africa Directors. Work with CIFF travel agents to organise flights, hotels, cars and visas. In time this will extend to support the wider Nairobi team with travel requirements and may include occasional organisation of group travel for the team.
- Work alongside the Africa EA to manage the fortnightly Bi-weekly Team meeting agendas and any follow-up actions.
- General administrative duties, including management and support for the central administrative tools for the team, such as FLUXX, budget, pipeline, portfolio and HR tools;
- Support in timely processing of expenses on Certify for the Africa Directors
- Proactively assist Africa Directors, including drafting of PowerPoint presentations and Word documents.
- Assist the Finance Business Partner in programme budget preparation and monitoring of disbursements against the budget
- General administrative duties including meeting room set, business card input and working with other Executive Assistants to support the smooth running of office infrastructure.
The Talented Individual
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to undergraduate level, or equivalent by experience, within a relevant specialism.
- Strong administrative experience, working for a team or individual in a busy and complex environment; good experience as a scheduler.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written.
- Good numerical and analytical skills, with a good understanding of basic budgeting.
- Strong experience with digital office tools, automation and workflows (e.g. Office 365).
- Experience organising and managing digital information and documents for a team.
- Experience with organising and managing virtual events (Teams, Zoom, Blue Jeans, Webex etc), and with managing virtual contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills, great team player and proactive at engaging with others.
- Professional, sound independent judgment, strong organisational and project management skills and the ability to be flexible as priorities and needs change.
- Highest ethical standards, confidentiality and personal integrity.
- Ability to work unsupervised, with strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure.