Teaching Assistant At Aga Khan Academy
Teaching Assistant At Aga Khan Academy 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The Aga Khan Academies are an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). The AKDN is a group of development agencies with mandates that include the environment, health, education, architecture, culture, microfinance, rural development, disaster reduction, the promotion of private-sector enterprise and the revitalisation of historic cities. AKDN agencies conduct their programmes without regard to faith, origin or gender. In 2000, His Highness the Aga Khan initiated the establishment of the Aga Khan Academies, an integrated network of schools to be located in countries across Africa, South and Central Asia, and the Middle East. When complete, the network of Academies will form a global learning community of about 18 schools in 14 countries. They will eventually serve approximately 14,000 girls and boys of exceptional calibre, graduating 1,500 students annually.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who will be responsible for supporting teachers and assisting students in Junior School with their educational and social development, both in and outside the classroom.
Responsibilities & Roles:
- To assist with planning of teaching and learning in the assigned classrooms under the mentorship / supervision of the class teacher.
- To observe and develop strategies that embrace student inquiry and assist in the differentiation of activities to meet the needs of all students.
- To assist the class teacher in authentic assessment of students, including the maintenance of records to track student progress. Such information is to be communicated sensitively, effectively and honestly with parents and guardians. Whilst this is the responsibility of the class teacher, interns may be called to participate to provide support.
- To assist the class teacher in the safety and security of each student in the classroom and around school at all times.
- To contribute towards and be an active participant in the extra-curricular part of the AKA, M programme and student life; enrichment, student field-trips, whole school events and initiatives, residential week-end duties.
- To contribute towards building a student culture of self-regulation and self-efficacy adhering to the values of the academy and the student code of conduct.
- To assist the class teacher in the organization of resources for the programme and in the maintenance of existing inventory.
- Actively participate in the Appraisal for Growth process as a member of the AKA, Mombasa professional learning community. This will include the development of a personal portfolio to illustrate the journey of your professional learning.
- At least a Diploma in Education
- Professional Teaching Qualification
- TSC Registered
- At least 1 year of teaching experience is preferred
- Early Years/Primary experience would be an added advantage