Tax & Treasury Associate At Sanergy
Tax & Treasury Associate At Sanergy 1 PositionSanergy
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.
About the role
The Tax & Treasury Associate ensures tax compliance & the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles all tax related accounts in a timely & accurate manner
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor latest developments, Tax laws etc. and adjust guidelines and processes to keep us aligned with best practices.
- Review internal processes & develop Tax procedure manual & support delivery of changes/improvements relating to tax
- Prepare & plan monthly internal tax health checks
- Support preparation & analyses the raw data necessary for filing of statutory & tax
- Work with the MEC team to pass all recommended adjustments to Tax & Statutory related ledgers on a monthly basis
- Review all tax payments before hand & ensuring that they are in line with tax payment plan
- Tax Compliance, Reporting teams – Collaborate with the relevant tax Centre of Excellence team to provide high quality, timely tax activities and outcomes to the business
- External Advisors – Support the relationship with external tax advisors and hold them to account for the delivery of timely, cost effective and value adding tax advice
- Liaise as appropriate with the teams responsible for payroll taxes and for customs & excise taxes in resolution of any audits/assessments relating to these taxes
- Hold strong relationships with all Kenyan tax bodies and proactively engages them on speedy resolution of any tax audits or tax enquiries
- Monitor and control the flow of cash coming into and going out of the organization, helping ensure the company’s business and investment needs are met.
- Prepare and deliver treasury reports (cash balances, cash projections etc.).
- Safeguard, verify, and control all cash assets.
- Maintain cash movement policies, procedures, and controls
- BCOM degree (Accounting,Finance)
- CPA finalist or its equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy Accounting environment with at least 2 years in Tax management role
- Advanced excel knowledge a MUST
- Be an excellent team player/collaborator with excellent communication skills
- Have demonstrated the ability to act decisively and resolve problems