Supply Chain Management (scm) Assistant Iii At Kenya Law
Supply Chain Management (scm) Assistant Iii At Kenya Law 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Kenya Law is a corporate body established by the National Council for Law Reporting Act,1994 and given the exclusive mandate of: “publication of the reports to be known as the Kenyan Law Reports which shall contain judgments, rulings and opinions of the Superior Courts of record and also undertake such other publications as in the opinion of the Council are reasonably related to or connected with the preparation and publication of the Kenya Law Reports” (section 3). Mission To Provide Universal Access to Kenya’s Public Legal Information by Monitoring and Reporting on the Development of Jurisprudence for the Promotion of the Rule of Law Vision Accessible Public Legal Information towards an Enlightened Society Official slogan Where Legal Information is Public Knowledge Policy Statements Access to information “As a member of the Free Access to Law Movement, at Kenya Law we believe that: Â· Public legal information is part of the common heritage of humanity and maximizing access to this information promotes Justice and the Rule of Law
KLRC 10 : T
No of Positions: 2
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 29,966 – Kshs. 37,456 p.m.
House Allowance: Kshs. 10,000 p.m.
Commuter Allowance: Kshs. 4,000 p.m
Terms of Service: Permanent
Medical: As per the current KLRC medical insurance cover
This position exists to support the administration of the procurement process, inventory management and control for the Commission in compliance with the i n t e r n a l procurement policies and manuals in accordance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act (PPADA), 2015 and Public
Procurement and Asset Disposal Regulations (PPADR), 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the basic entry grade for Supply Chain Management Assistant cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
Duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Monitor the movement of stores, determine space requirements and position of materials and inventory;
- Receive materials, examine condition and completeness, maintain security and safe custody of stores;
- Issuing and rationing of stores and making recommendations for disposal of unserviceable stores.
- Confirm all receiving documents; Bill of lading, packing list, delivery note etc.;
- Generate Goods Received Notes (GRN), bin cards, and other relevant documents;
- Receive and process supplier’s invoices for payment, record invoices, delivery notes,
- internal requisition purchase forms and any other relevant document on behalf of the department and attach all relevant documents to support payment of supplier’s
- Ensure proper inventory of procured assets and boarded stores due for disposal and preparation of the reports;
- Ensure that the store is well organized to enhance easy access to goods, efficient utilization of space, and easier administration of the store operations that ensures safety security management;
- Issue goods to users as per the requests in a timely manner to the appropriate department, monitor stock levels and raise internal purchase requests for the stock replenishment;
- Implement the PPAD Act, 2015 and Regulations;
- File and safeguard all procurement proceedings, prepare and maintain stores records, keep custody of and update inventory records; and
- Participate in inspection and acceptance of goods and services
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade C (Plain);
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated integrity and professional competence.
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following skills:-
- technical problem solving;
- Ability to articulate, interpret and implement national and international policies and development goals;
- resource management;
- Good Communication;
- Good records management; and
- Report writing.
- Effective conflict resolution;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Relationship building;
- Confidentiality; and
- Ability to get on well with diverse workforce.