The candidate filling this role of Head the SSA Visa Direct solutions team of around 5 members. Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, fintechs, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa and bank accounts globally using push payment technology. In CEMEA region, Visa Direct consumer and business applications include remittances, person to person (P2P) transfer, person to merchant payment (QR payments), and funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements).
We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
The candidate should be able to lead commercialization and technical solution sessions with Visa clients and provide expert advice to clients’ business leaders and partners who want to use Visa Direct capabilities for various usecases (including assessment of clients’ business problem or market opportunity, helping clients use the right APIs, and leading solution architecture definition with clients).
The candidate will direct the clients’ technology teams on solution design and lead deep-dive sessions to define user flows. In addition, he/she must be highly collaborative, bring a structured approach to client engagement and documentation, employ moderation and facilitation skills, have a passion for payments, and have an ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences. The role will require leading complex solution discussions and will span multiple teams, projects, geographic locations, and time zones
Visa is looking for self-starters that are thought leaders with a proven track-record of success in fast-paced payments technology environments with demanding timelines.
- Be the ultimate Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Visa Direct capabilities in SSA region
- Work alongside a cross-functional team of Sales and Business Development to build and drive strategic business goals for Visa
- Bring deep commercialization and customizing market strategies including different aspects of product roadmap and pricing
- Work closely with our partners across the solution development cycle starting from strategy and solution definition through launch and go to market, by co-managing and driving the completion of key execution deliverables
- Responsible for leading design discussion and as well as deep dive workshops with clients for developing digital payment solutions leveraging Visa Direct APIs
- Coordinate resolution of issues and design of new solutions with the regional and global product team
- Track progress on projects’ implementations and act as first line of support for product related issues
- Stay abreast of trends in the payments, technology, business, identifying implications for Visa’s Product & Solutions strategy and our clients businesses
- Adopt human-centered design thinking around how Visa can improve its customer experience across Visa’s product and solutions sets
- Support management of project pipeline and driving the client engagements as per opportunities pipeline
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority
- Embrace teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility
- BA/BS degree with an aptitude and passion for technology
- 10-12 years of related work experience
- Have a strong engineering or architecture background focused on Web technologies, APIs (REST/JSON), and machine-to-machine communication over the Internet.
- Be willing and able to get hands-on with technology teams or deep-dive into user flows with clients.
- Be as comfortable working with an institutional developer at one of Visa’s large banking clients as with a developer at a payments startup.
- Eagerness and self starting approach and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge or experience with Agile methodology to drive product development and delivery
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.