Senior Retail Manager At Kcb Bank
Senior Retail Manager At Kcb Bank 1 PositionKCB Bank
Reporting to Head of Retail, the Senior Retail Manager will be responsible for business development through typical activities like formulate/implement/monitor future strategies, sales plans and activities to acquire new customers, deepen existing relationships in the branch network, and align these with the business goals within sound control and operational environment. The person will be the line manager for all branch managers as well as having a dotted supervisory responsibility over the Retail Sales Manager and Senior SME Manager. The job requires 70% focus on branch network business growth in all KPIs and 30% administrative focus with support from Retail Operational Excellence Manager. .
• Develop and update strategy for the business in branches based on the bank’s Leadership strategy work. This involves careful translation of overall bank strategy into respective branch tailored strategies based unique features of their locations.
• Set budgets and targets for the branches in alignment with the overall retail targets and decide on plans and tactics to achieve them.
• Drive performance rigor to increase penetration into the target customer segments (SMEs and personal banking).
• Ensure superior service levels across all customers touch points (branches and digital touch points).
• Play a lead role in developing alternate channels of customer delivery and migrate transactions to offer enhanced convenience to customers at the same time maintaining a lower trend on the service delivery costs.
• Ensure adherence to KYC, AML, Group Audit and Legal / Compliance guidelines.
• Maintain a motivating work environment that focuses on performance.
• Discuss, re-strategize with Branch Managers for remedial actions. Support where necessary via joint customer calls and identify potential customer together with managers. Set network annual/intermediate sales goals.
• Co-ordinate and facilitate work process improvements across Branch Network. Also inter-function, co-ordination with Centralised units and champion/drive/influence changes to occur in other Functions.
• Control and periodic check operational risks and workflows. Review key operational risks and efficiency indicators to ensure health. Provide approvals/recommendations on Credit applications.
• Responsible for Sales Management. Provide mentoring, management of Network Staff, Manage staffing capacity, recruitment, and manpower planning across branch network actively. Obtain staff morale and feedback; act as indicated.
• Identify training / Development and Counselling needs and ensure these are met for all staff in the network.
• Talent spotting to ensure appropriate exposure and career opportunities/ succession planning for performers in the Branch network.
• Manage service delivery in the network to the highest competitive standards: set and monitor service standards for the network. Audit of expected behaviours, taking remedial action. Get customer Feedback and broad trends to realign process or initiate major change initiatives.
Skills and Requirements:
• A university degree in relevant business discipline.
• Professional Banking or MBA qualification will carry added advantage.
• Strong people management skills and thorough knowledge of banking products and services, including experience in product development and a wider understanding of the general consumer banking universe.
• Extensive knowledge of Banking theory/ practice, Group/ Central Bank’s rules and regulations and procedures.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• At least eight years’ experience in sales & service management in a consumer banking environment, with a track record of success.
• Demonstrable leadership capacity, including strong communications, negotiations, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate staff.
• Strong communications, negotiations and interpersonal skills.