Senior Population Programme Officer At National Council For Population And Development
Senior Population Programme Officer At National Council For Population And Development 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities in this division will entail:-
Research, Policy Planning and Development Division.
- Undertaking research on population issues; analysis of Research documents prepared by stakeholders and development of research papers;
- Implementation and updating of National Population Policy;
- Development of Policy briefs; and data entry and analysis.
Programme Coordination and Monitoring Division
- Collecting, receiving and analyzing programme data and assessing their impact on population issues; formulating and appraising project proposals; developing annual and quarterly work plans; assisting in coordinating international and regional programmes; and developing Plans of Action.
Communication, Advocacy and Public Education Division
- In this Division the officer will assist in development of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) population messages and materials; development of advocacy materials; dissemination of information to the public through publications, barazas, Newsletter, mass media, electronic media, Public Shows and exhibitions, conferences etc,; and participate in carrying out advocacy for support of population programmes.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Population Studies or Demography;
- Masters in Public Health, Sociology, Anthropology, Geography, Economics, Population Health, and Political Science with post graduate diploma in Population Studies or Demography from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines:- Population Studies or Demography, Public Health; Sociology, Anthropology, Geography, Economics, Population Health, and Political Science qualification from a recognized institution;
- Member of Population Association of Kenya, Union of Africa Population Studies or International Union for the Scientific Studying of Population;
- A total of at least 5 years’ experience and 3 years in supervisory level.
- Senior Management Course or its equivalent lasting not less than four (4) weeks or its equivalent will be an added advantage
- Shown merit and competency in data collection, data processing and report writing;
- Met Chapter six of the Constitution;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Vacancies in Project / Programme ManagementView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.