Senior Ios Developer At Equity Bank Kenya
Senior Ios Developer At Equity Bank Kenya 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources. Having been declared technically insolvent in 1993, Equity’s transformation into a rapidly growing microfinance and then a commercial bank is widely considered to be an inspirational success story.
The role of an iOS developer is to develop high-end iOS applications for the latest Apple mobile devices. This will include collaborating with the design team for new application features, identifying and fixing application bottlenecks, maintaining the core code, and updating applications published on the App Store. iOS Developer must have a strong working knowledge of iOS Frameworks, be proficient in Objective-C, and be able to work as part of a team. Ultimately, an outstanding iOS Developer should be able to create functional, attractive applications that perfectly meet the needs of the user.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Strategy, Planning & Execution
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of iOS development
- Proficient in Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch.
- Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- Knowledge of iOS back-end services.
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Mercurial, Git, and SVN.
- Knowledge of C-based libraries.
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Have published 4+ iOS apps in the app store.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience in Restful API integration
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience in offline storage, Multi-threading, and performance tuning
- UI testing experience
- Unit testing experience
- iOS DevOps experience
- Must be able and willing to collaborate in a team/cooperative environment as well as exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Is extremely logical, detail oriented with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills