Roaming Engineer 1 PositionCasameza
The Roaming Engineer is responsible for managing and coordinating roaming configurations and routine tests.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Support for all international and national roaming subscriber problems.
- 8620 Roaming Tester
- Assist International Roaming Subscribers/International SMS
- Assist National Roaming Subscribers
- Troubleshoot roaming services problems
- Auditing of MSC/STP Roaming database – regularly
- Conducted research on roaming enhancements.
- Ensure implementation of MSC/STP database configurations and software changes with new Roaming Networks.
- High level support for all international and national roaming subscriber problems.
- International SMS/SMS Applications support.
- Perform IREG tests according to GSM IR24 documentation and Roaming tests according to IRP test documentation.
- Updating of GSM IR24 documentation.
- Identify the points with a strong roaming traffic by region/cities/site,
- Understand the roamers performance by managing roaming tests,
- Suggest and implement the right solutions in order to keep the roamers and to improve the roaming traffic,
- Creation of solutions skills documentation (parameters template),
- Roaming statistics database for reference,
- Prepare reports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly reports for engineers and management as and when required.
Job Qualification/ Experience
5-6 years experience in Core/Radio Network.
The selected candidate would combine a strong technical background with great organizational and communication skills, detail-oriented, self-motivated individuals bringing a strong ability to troubleshoot problems. Inspired by the desire to understand the details involved in effectively deploying critical software and hardware and playing a key role in challenging environments.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) / a bilingual profile is highly sought after (French and English).
- Good synthesize and communication skills to extract the right information to communicate,
- Ability to read, evaluate and interpret schematics, diagrams and maps,
- Good planning and organizing skills.
As a Roaming Engineer- your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Networking roaming experience,
- Roaming test equipment experience,
- Experience in Core/Radio Network,
- Fundamental knowledge on 2G/3G/HSPA/LTE technologies and concepts,
- Network interfaces such as A-Interface, Gb, Gn, GP, luPS,lur, lub, Nc, Mc, etc.,
- Knowledge of Telecommunications, Billings and Debt Management, Network Infrastructure, Systems Audit.
- Prior experience of IREG and TADIG standard GSMA test cases.
- In-depth knowledge of roaming services (2G, 3G, LTE), SS7 and MAP protocols.
- Understanding the operational needs of roaming billing and traffic routers.
- General knowledge of GSM, GPRS, UMTS and LTE infrastructures.
- Expertise on SS7 protocols (ISUP, INAP, MAP, CAMEL Diameter...), and TCP/IP.
- Advanced database capacity (Oracle, SQL, Access...).
- Good knowledge of CAMEL and Prepaid Roaming services
- Hardware and Software such as SUN/Oracle servers, Linux/Unix and Windows Servers, Gnome and other X-Windows apps,
- Experience with routing and signaling protocols
- Knowledge of Policies and procedures.
- Signalling – Protocols.
- Switching Configuration.
- Fault Management.
- Computer applications.
- Problem Solving & Analysis skills.
- Decision making.
- Multi Tasking.
- Stress Management.
- Analytical thinking
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Have 5+ years of experience in Operation and Maintenance of telecom networks.