Research Assistants X8 At Makerere University
Research Assistants X8 At Makerere University 8 PositionsMakerere University
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health (MakSPH) received funding from the World Bank to coordinate the Operations Research Program on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) in Uganda for a period of one (1) year. RMNCAH now seeks to recruit 8 Research Assistants to support data collection and transcription for a period of 20 days.
Position: Research Assistants
Reports to: Study Principle Investigator
Location: Kabale, Hoima, Masaka, Luwero, Busia, Soroti, Gulu and Kotido
The research assistants will be chiefly responsible for Data collection and associated activities .
• Participate in pretesting and updating of tools
• Administer informed consent and conduct interviews in line with the research project.
• Verbatim note-taking and audio recording of interviews
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of the information provided by the research participants.
• follow up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected
• Transcribing interviews
• Uploading audio and transcribed interviews
• Perform other duties related to data collection and management.
• Degree or its equivalent in social sciences, public health and other related disciplines.
• Five (5) years’ experience in data collection using qualitative and quantitative methods (at least five studies using each method).
• Experience in verbatim notetaking and audio recording
• Experience in transcribing.
• Language proficiency in English and one of the following languages:
• Prior research experience in reproductive health
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good teamwork attributes
• Attention to detail
• Good time manager
• Ability to deliver outputs under minimum supervision
• Must be ethical in conducting research.