Research Function At The Kenya Medical Research Institute ( Busia)
Research Function At The Kenya Medical Research Institute ( Busia) 44 PositionsEmploi Recruitment
INTERNSHIP VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Kenya Medical Research Institute is committed to providing the youth with opportunities to
acquire, sharpen their knowledge and gain technical/practical skills to complement their studies in
order to enhance their employability in line with the Kenya Vision 2030. The KEMRI Internship
Program (KIP) seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to working in the research
industry. After the planned twelve (12) months’ internship program, the candidates will have gained
practical workplace experience to enable them have a competitive edge in their job search.
KEMRI is seeking to recruit young, dynamic, self-driven, inquisitive Diploma and Bachelor’s degree
holders for their research Centres and Departments located in Nairobi, Kisumu and Busia.
i) RESEARCH FUNCTION IN THE INSTITUTE:-
Location: Nairobi Offices
Possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution in any of the following fields;-
• Medical Microbiology(2 Positions)
• Mycology(2 Positions)
• Microbiology and Biotechnology/Environmental Health(4 Positions)
• Foods Nutrition and Dietetic(1 Position)
• Biochemistry(2 Positions)
• Industrial Chemistry/Chemistry (1 Position)
• Pharmaceutical Sciences (1 Position)
• Parasitology/Biology/Immunology (1 Position)
• Molecular/Biomedical Sciences/Biotechnology/Biology or science related course (7
• Biosafety and Biosecurity/Occupation Safety/Biosafety/Environmental Management
Science (2 Positions)
• Knowledge Management/Information Science/Library Sciences(3 Positions)
• Biostatistics/Statistics (2 positions)
• Medical Laboratory Sciences (1 Position)
Possess a Diploma in any of the following fields;
• Medical Laboratory Sciences/Analytical Sciences/Applied Biology (8 Positions)
• Health Records (3 positions)
Location: Centre for Infectious and Parasitic Disease Control Research (CIPDCR), BUSIA
• Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences/Science Laboratory Technology
from a recognized Institution (1 Position)
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized Institution (2 Positions).
• BSc. Information Communication Technology/ Computer Science with proficiency in
Interested candidates should apply through KEMRI Website www.kemri.org/KEMRI erecruitment portal - E-Recruitment Portal (Internships) on or before 15th June 2021 latest 5.00 p.m. Kindly create your account, fill your profile then apply.
i. The Internship engagement is strictly for twelve months and the Institute WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the program.
ii. A monthly stipend of Kes. 25,000/= and Kes. 15,000 for Bachelors and diploma holders respectively will be given without any other benefits.
iii. Interns will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical Insurance cover.
iv. It is a criminal Offence to provide false information and documents in the application;and
v. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
vi. KEMRI is committed to diversity. Persons with disability and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.