Regulatory Risk And Policies Manager At Kcb Bank
Regulatory Risk And Policies Manager At Kcb Bank 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Reporting to the Head, Compliance & Ethics, the position will provide compliance management to KCB Bank Kenya and provide KCB Group liaison to align activities to Regulatory and Industry standards and ensure the development of governing policies and their maintenance and availability, to ensure they are adequate, up-to-date, and to manage review, implementation, and performance, including addressing and reporting on policy and regulatory risk issues.
- Support Risk Division and Senior Management in reviewing and maintaining up to date and adequate controls and policy framework that is responsive to the regulatory and internal compliance policy universe and strategic objectives.
- Maintain liaison externally and internally to keep aware of emerging issues and trends to work with respective areas and provide expert advice and guidance on national, regional and corporate policy initiatives.
- Support liaison with external regulatory agencies and maintain tracking and reporting on action on emergent or reported compliance issues.
- Support the recognition, assessment and communication of important policy issues to stakeholders.
- Analyze Rigour and incident reports to identify and report on key themes requiring internal policy action, and report recommendations for adoption, including follow-up for implementation.
- Be responsible to provide first line assessment and assurance of the availability of adequate administrative and organizational tasks & structures to support the effective application of policies.
- Provide periodic assessment of the up to date status of policies and maintain policy tracking and monitoring to ensure policies are up to date.
- Work with Bank units to guide policy development through the policy development lifecycle to obtain relevant buy-in and Board or Senior Management approval.
- Maintain the Group policy catalogue and version control system to ensure easy availability of tracked policies, and work with the Compliance & Risk Rigour Section to support policy implementation.
- Provide KCB Group liaison to collate and report on Regulatory matters and policy status across KCB Group entities.
- Provide policy liaison at peer levels across specialist and risk functions. (Legal, Audit, Risk, HR, Finance, including Forensic investigations and Insurance).
- Degree from a University recognized by CUE. MBA degree will be an added advantage
- At least one risk-relevant professional qualification, GARP Level II, GARP ICBRR, IRM, PRMIA, will be an added advantage.
- 7 years of wide-ranging bank experience, having a minimum of 5 years’ middle-level management experience, in Compliance / Audit related roles.
- Proven experience engaging with Banking Regulator, with demonstrated sound understanding of the regulatory environment including CBK Prudential Guidelines
- Good knowledge of money laundering issues and KYC requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of bank-wide Business functions, Administration and Supervisory skills.
- Leadership competencies in Operational Decision making and Strategic Planning
- Good management skills including organizational, presentation & communication, writing, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated high integrity.
Vacancies in Banking & Financial ServicesView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.