Radio Broadcast Assistant At Family Media
Radio Broadcast Assistant At Family Media 1 PositionFamily Media
Family TV is the East and Central Africa’s largest Christian television broadcaster and Kenya’s most watched faith channel. Family TV offers 24 hours of faith and inspirational programming that appeal to people in a wide variety of denominations. Founded in 1999, Family TV (Media) is a leader in Christian entertainment programming and one of the largest independent Christian media company in the world. The company covers all elements of the Christian entertainment spectrum to cater to the needs of the whole family. It airs children, youth and family shows that all carry a message of hope, peace and love. It is the best alternative form of programming that seeks to nurture good God-inspired morals in people so that the society can improve as a result. Family TV can be viewed in Nairobi, Kisumu, Eldoret, Mombasa; the list of locations is long. With a Family satellite digital kit, you can enjoy the signal no matter where you are. There are countless Family Media outlets throughout the country and beyond. Family Media has been keeping Jesus on the airwaves for over 9 years. As a result, many testimonies have come forth. People have accepted Jesus while others have been healed and restored. This company exists to reach people with the transforming word of the gospel. The company’s team of staff is continuously working with the endeavor of reaching out to the lost with diligence. The staffs are highly trained and skilled to handle various media dockets.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Must have strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of the Radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics.
- Good knowledge and good ear for sound, music genres, artists and updates.
- Knowledge and ability to work with different Radio Automation and editing software’s.
- A high level of IT skills – particularly good word-processing and data handling skills.
- Ability to learn how to use a variety of recording equipment, and to operate different radio studios.
- Ability to conduct effective internet research, use relevant computer software for audio recording, editing, and, packaging when necessary.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Creative thinking, idea generation and problem solving skills.
- Must have confidence and tenacity to pursue information and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- Determination, diplomacy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Empathy and patience, the ability to build rapport and draw information from people.
- A basic understanding of the law, ethics and industry regulation as they affect Radio production.
- Self-motivation and adaptability.
- At least a Diploma in Mass Media, Radio Production, Journalism or a related field.
- At least one year’s experience in radio production.
- A good overall knowledge of the radio industry and the specifics.
- Ability to read and voice scripts will be an added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the station’s imaging
- Checking if the equipment is in good condition. Live assist for live shows
- Download and edit shows
- Editing TV Voiceovers and different programs
- Cutting adverts and mentions immediately after shows
- Responsible for monitoring the signal and ensuring we are on air at all times in all our frequencies.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the department