Psychosocial Intern At Refugee Consortium Of Kenya (rck)
Psychosocial Intern At Refugee Consortium Of Kenya (rck) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
To safeguard and protect the rights and dignity of forced migrants and host communities through provision of legal aid, psychosocial support, advocacy, capacity building and promotion of inclusive governance. We envision an environment where forced migrants and host communities access rights, justice, protection, and durable solutions.
To provide psychosocial support to the organization on issues relating to and affecting the refugee community.
Post holder reports to: Assistant Program Officer –Legal Psychosocial Support Programme
Staff reporting to this post: None
· Provide counseling services and other short term therapeutic services to refugees, other forced migrants and host community in individual and group settings.
· Assist in the development of training materials and facilitate internal and external capacity building activities on a variety of topics.
· In conjunction with the lead counselor and psychosocial Counselor, coordinate the assessment, planning and implementing of psychosocial programs.
· Conduct surveys and studies relating to psychosocial status and patterns of population groups as directed.
· Prepare monthly reports within schedule
· Provide support to community based counselors in the tracking of cases and maintaining records and database of clients.
· Assist in the day to day office administrative duties.
· Ensure professionalism in services delivery and ethics while performing other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Higher Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Counseling Psychology or an acceptable related field required.
2. Experience with NGO or related environment is an added advantage.
3. Strong analytical and report writing skills
4. Proficiency in English and Kiswahili
5. Good team player with excellent multi-cultural interpersonal skills able to exercise diplomacy, flexibility and assertiveness.
6. Technology Awareness. Fully proficient computer skills and ability to use relevant software applications, in particular information databases, internet/intranet services, library sources etc
Normal working hours are eight hours from 8am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday. This is an internship program that runs for 6 months.
· Professionalism: In-depth theoretical knowledge of and significant experience in relevant fields of refugee law, Strong analytical, problem solving and drafting skills. Discretion and sound judgment in applying legal expertise to sensitive, complex legal issues.
· Communication: Strong interpersonal and communication (written, spoken and presentational) skills. Proficiency in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of French is desired.
· Technology Awareness: Fully proficient computer skills and ability to use relevant software applications, in particular information databases, internet/intranet services, library sources, etc.
· Teamwork: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds with respect for diversity.
· Managing Performance: Ability to supervise, coach, mentor and develop junior staff as required
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.