Project Officer-wash And Construction At World Vision Kenya
Project Officer-wash And Construction At World Vision Kenya 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Purpose of Position
To ensure timely implementation of Water Supply Systems, Sanitation, Hygiene and all other Construction infrastructures and multiple use of water initiatives contributing to child wellbeing outcomes within the AP. In order to successfully accomplish this job purpose, the job holder must be a professional able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as a good example to others.
Project, Planning and Implementation-50%
- Contextualize and adopt the Integrated WASH & Health TP technical guidelines /designs at the AP level.
- Ensure timely implementation of the Integrated WASH & Health TP program activities within the AP.
- Facilitate timely and quality implementation of Water, sanitation and Hygiene projects, other construction infrastructures and multiple use of water initiatives.
- Provide effective, innovative and WASH technical support to other programs ensuring effective integration for synergies, efficiencies and greater impact.
- Capacity Building of CBOs and Water Users Committees to be able to effectively manage WASH facilities in scenario where there is no regulated water service provider to take over.
- Capacity building of communities in programming and implementation of WASH and construction projects for sustainability.
- Conduct training for water Users Associations to empower them to run their own water supply systems in line with the approved rural water management models for improved governance and sustainability.
- Support preparation and conducting hygiene and sanitation promotion training sessions.
- Give guidance in environmental protection and conservation (water shed management and reforestation).
- Take lead in development and implementation of water safety plans and disaster risk management plans for the water supply projects.
- Ensure that WASH business processes, standards and guidelines related to WASH and Construction initiatives are effectively applied in project implementation.
- Carry out feasibility studies, water resource mapping, EIA support, Technical Design of WASH and Construction projects as need arises
- Support development of technically sound funding proposals through provision of information & data and review in collaboration with ADP Managers, other sector specialists. Preparation of the tender documents (Technical Specifications, Drawings, Bills of quantities and Terms of Reference).
- Facilitates Topographical Surveys and GIS activities
- Facilitate communities to identify viable WASH, Health and construction projects and negotiate for way leaves and easement and ensure their participation in the implementation of the same.
Quality Assurance-Monitoring, reporting and Documentation-30%
- Supervise and Monitor Water and Construction interventions in strict adherence to WV Kenya, Kenya government regulations, WHO and the SPHERE standards.
- Supervise and Monitor Sanitation and Hygiene interventions in strict adherence to WV Kenya, Kenya government regulations, WHO and the SPHERE standards.
- Development of Project Designs and Annual Operation Plans. (4D matrices, DIPs, Annual Budgets).
- Develop quality monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and end of projects reports in accordance with donors and WV Kenya requirements.
- Document and disseminate success stories and best practices on Water, sanitation and Hygiene projects in the ADP.
- Ensure budgetary utilization is within acceptable limits/range.
- Facilitate regular WASH & Construction review meetings for the WASH team as well as participate in the ADP review meetings
- Ensures participatory monthly data collection are conducted (involving communities and partners) using the standardized tools
- Contextualization and utilization of reporting guidelines
Advocacy, Engagement with strategic partners, Linkages and networks & partnership development-15%
- Representation of WV Kenya in key WASH and Construction stakeholder forums/meetings at the Ward, Sub-County levels.
- Facilitate community education on Laws, Policies and Standards on WASH & Construction Service delivery
- Provide support to community led processes of monitoring public service delivery.
- Ensure communities are mobilized and participate in their WASH and projects
- Partner and collaborate with county government and other development partners to ensure implementation of service models and leverage on construction of WASH projects.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces which you may be appointed to
- Participate and lead devotions as appropriate
- Any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Engineering project design, proposal writing, needs assessments, surveys, and construction of WASH infrastructure.
- Atleast 1-2 years’ experience in Sanitation and Hygiene Programming and implementation models.
- Proven experience in working/programming in either relief or development including managing a large-scale Community based water project with evidence of successful implementation of similar projects
- Ability to conduct community WASH needs assessment, program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WASH activities
- Good understanding of water supply – improved operational efficiency, smart metering, O&M and water supply sustainable models for rural water management.
- Expertise in Disaster Risk Management and water safety plans for WASH projects. This includes Water Quality Testing, Monitoring and reporting.
- Experience in water resource management – environmental protection and conservation as an added advantage
- Expertise in collaboration and partnership agreement with development partners, county governments and community in WASH related interventions.
- Experience implementing integrated development programs with a focus on health programming
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Water Engineering.
- Registration with EBK/KETREB as graduate Engineer as a minimum.
Preferred Knowledge, skills and Qualifications
- Good experience in construction project design and management – FIDIC understanding as an added advantage.
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- Knowledge and application of auto/arch CAD and GIS
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Microsoft Outlook
- A team player, capable of building staff and community capacity in Water, Sanitation and hygiene projects through training.
- Ability to take initiative, a team leader able to work with minimum supervision
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts