Project Officer (rwanda Farmer To Farmer Project Coordinator) At Catholic Relief Service (crs)
Project Officer (rwanda Farmer To Farmer Project Coordinator) At Catholic Relief Service (crs) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Job Title: Project Officer (Rwanda Farmer to Farmer Project Coordinator)
Reports To: Rwanda Farmer-to-Farmer Project Director
Country/Location: Rwanda (Kigali)
CRS Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program is a new USAID funded 5-year Program that is providing technical assistance from United States (U.S) volunteers to farmers, farmer groups (cooperatives and), agri-business SMEs and other agriculture sector institutions in Rwanda. The program objectives are to facilitate economic growth within targeted maize and horticulture sub-sectors, enhance sub-sector inclusiveness to expand participation to a broader range of individuals and communities and to increase the American public’s understanding of international development issues and US international development programs.
F2F assists the agriculture development, commodity value chain competitiveness and firm upgrading by providing technical assistance to introduce new technologies, innovations and development of local capacity for more productive, profitable, sustainable and equitable agriculture systems. The F2F program objectives and strategic framework are in line with the USG assistance programs to USG Global Hunger and Food Security Initiative/Feed the Future, USAID Agriculture Strategy/Linking Farmers to Markets and the US Farm Bill. In addition to these initiatives and strategies, the F2F program will be concurrent with Country Investment Plan (CIP) and USAID country mission.
As a member of the CRS USAID Farmer-to-Farmer project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Support the F2F program director in the project close-out activities, and documentation;
- coordinate all in-country logistics for volunteer assignments, including airport pick-up and drop-off, all in-country travel arrangements and accommodations.
- Assist in preparing in-country volunteers orientations as appropriate.
- Working closely with the F2F MEAL Manager, in data collection and reporting at the country level. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- develop volunteer assignment Scopes of Work (SOWs), that meet the needs of the host agency.
- Coordinate volunteer assignments, and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Organize, coordinate, and attend volunteer debriefs in the field and CRS, and USAID mission.
- Facilitate the volunteers to complete their reports, and timesheets in particular for local volunteers;
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities.
- Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Prepare and submit reports at the end of each month
- Participate in program meetings and represent F2F Program as delegate
- Undertake additional tasks/assignments as requested by the acting Program Director.
Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Agronomy, Agri-business, Development Studies or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of general agriculture, agribusiness and/or rural development for an NGO would be a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Very good interpersonal skills, good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required/Desired: Written and spoken English competencies are highly desired
Travel Required: Up to 50 percent of the time is anticipated to be spent in the field
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: F2F Rwanda Project Director, Head of Programs, MEAL Program Manager
External: CRS partners and host organizations –
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Accountability and Stewardship
- Builds relationships
- Develops talent
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Strategic Mindset
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer