Project Officer At National Union Of Women With Disabilities Of Uganda
Project Officer At National Union Of Women With Disabilities Of Uganda 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda (NUWODU) is an indigenous women -led Disabled Peoples Organization. It is an umbrella Organization that was formed in 1999 with the overall purpose of bringing together all categories of girls and women with disabilities including the physically, sensory and mentally impaired women. NUWODU provides a strong voice for a common cause, particularly to defend, protect and promote the rights and advocate for equal opportunities for women and girls with disabilities.
A society where women and girls with disabilities live dignified lives.
To promote the political, economic, social and cultural advancement of women and girls with disabilities through advocacy for their effective participation in development.
NUWODU invites suitably qualified individuals to fill in the following positions in the organization:
1. Project Officer (1position based in Kampala)
The Project Officer will be responsible for overall coordination and implementation of the project activities including planning, budgets, implementation processes, partnership management and results.
• Lead and manage the Gender Mainstreaming project
• Be responsible for the implementation of the project and ensuring that all outputs and outcomes are delivered on time according to the agreed upon plan
• Supervise and mentor staff under the project for effective implementation of activities and career development
• Compile activity and annual reports and submit them to the Programs Manager
• Initiate corrective measures for the smooth running of the project implementation during the project lifespan
• Participate in relevant networks aimed at influencing and promoting mainstreaming of women and girls with disabilities agenda into government programs and other service providers particularly in the project areas
• Pursue other funding channels available in liaison with the Programs Manager and the Executive Secretary
• Carry out any other duties and responsibilities relevant to the project as will be assigned by the Programs Manager
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Organize and conduct trainings in the districts of the project
• Network and collaborate with service providers, development partners and organizations implementing gender mainstreaming projects within the project areas and at national level
• Organize awareness campaigns through meetings and the media in liaison with the Programs Manager and the Executive Secretary
• Prepare narrative and financial reports to be submitted to the Executive Secretary and development partners in liaison with the Executive Secretary and the Finance Manager
• Monitor and follow up the project activities in the project area
• Support the District Associations to develop their own policies
• Establish linkages with organizations/ institutions implementing gender projects nationally and internationally
• Develop guidelines for the sub-granting scheme in accordance with NUWODU and Donor guidelines
• The Job Holder must have at least 5 years working experience in project management and Implementation, Report Writing, monitoring and evaluation and resource mobilization.
• Held supervisory position of staff under his/ her department
• Knowledgeable in Gender and Disability issues
• Experienced in working with women and persons with disabilities.
• Able to deliver results effectively with minimum supervision, ability and willing to learn.
• Have skills in Monitoring and Evaluation and can document results, lessons and best practices out of interventions.
• Must have good communication skills
• Must have good track record in financial management, accountability, and reporting.
The Project Officer must possess a bachelor’s degree in the following fields: Development Studies, Social Work and Administration, Social Science, Adult and Community Psychology, Gender and Community Development, Disability studies and other related Humanities from reputable Institutions.
Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Development studies and Gender and Disability Studies is an added advantage.