Project Officer At Danish Refugee Council
Project Officer At Danish Refugee Council 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
Overall purpose of the role:
Based in Nairobi with regular travel to field locations and reporting to the Head of Programme Management Unit the Project Officer will be responsible for providing project and operational support to the BORESHA consortium, led by DRC. The selected candidate will be responsible for coordinating communications, website administration, documentation, filing, recording minutes of meetings, organizing meetings/workshops, organizing field travel, and liaising with consortium agency field teams to ensure timely support to operational locations. The Project Officer will also help with the coordination of high-level visits to the project, tracking partner reports by following up various actions, and disseminating information to PMU and consortium staff. The incumbent will work closely with PMU and consortium staff to exchange information and support project delivery.
- As the Communications Office, manage the Communication department of the Consortium; ensure that set targets are met as per the approved implementation plans.
- Conduct regular communications training and capacity building for staff in Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya.
- Ensure the EU Communication and visibility guidelines are adhered to.
- Manage and maintain the social media pages of the consortium
- Quality assurance of products according to BORESHA’S brand manual in terms of layout, design and writing of various publications and visibility materials from the partners.
- Provide support to the partners in the development and production of visibility materials including liaising with designers, print houses, etc.
- Assist in knowledge documentation; Support documentation and publication of work and lessons.
- Conduct field visits to collect both written and visual documentation of BORESHA’s work in the form of photography, videos, human interest stories, case studies and slideshows
- Develop, design and maintain bi-monthly project newsletter
- Coordinate videographers and graphic designers to produce compelling content / publications.
- Ensure effective communications across different media and formats in adherence to the Consortium’s Communication Standards
- Manage the Consortium’s website; as the Content officer ensure regular posting of information; Ensure page is up to date, accurate and compelling.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, and other marketing material that communicates the Consortium’s activities
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists in Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia and audiences that will help advance our work.
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of the day-to-day project requirements by ensuring project master work plans are followed, handling information requests and inquiries, advising visitors, scheduling meetings, and support on completing project documentation, among other related tasks
- Support the Head of PMU in coordinating activities including trainings, kick-off and program review meetings, field visits, and internally and externally organized workshops. This role will also include taking meeting notes for those meetings/workshops attended, preparation of materials for programmatic meetings, and compilation and distribution of meeting minutes and relevant information.
- Communicate with implementing partners as advised by the Head of PMU
- Organize and coordinate visits by donors, government authorities, country team members or headquarter staff
- Liaise regularly with staff in other departments, field offices, consultants, partners, and other external contacts to ensure effective information flow and timely actions
- Maintain an effective filing system to include key correspondence, organization/project reports, financial information and other relevant documents
- Responsible for day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing and filing, ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken for on behalf of the Head of PMU.
- Maintain records and track the status of action points arising from Project Steering Committee, Technical Working Group and other BORESHA meetings.
- Ensure compliance with financial processes and financial records according to DRC and donor rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Support project implementation processes as directed by the Head of PMU. With support from the M&E Coordinator, Finance Coordinator other PMU and consortium member staff, play a focal role in the project Inception Phase that involves ensuring work plans, budgets, office space, staffing etc. are in place for project start-up activities
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for identification of areas for support and program formulation/ implementation
- Develop talking points, background, and briefing materials for meetings, publicity, and advocacy in collaboration with the communications staff of DRC and other consortium members.
- Ensure that all key program documentation is filed and easily accessible and retrievable
- Monitor and check project management reports for compliance with activities, expenditures and work plans
- With support from DRC Administrative Unit, make logistical arrangements for program staff and guests, flight bookings and accommodation
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant program and/or administrative experience is required
- Excellent knowledge of Project Management and Support is required
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to programs management, including screening and collecting of project documentation, project data entering, preparation of revisions, filing, provision of information
- Flexible, with ability to work handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Strong planning, organization and problem-solving skills with ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team in a difficult work environment
- Excellent report writing skills in English
- Strong communication (written & spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff from diverse cultures
- Previous experience working with an NGO is preferred
- A University Degree in Social Sciences or any other related degree
DRC Core Competencies:
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- Contract: 9 months contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council terms of employment for National staff. This position is open to KENYAN NATIONALS ONLY.
- Availability: 1st March 2021
- Duty station: Nairobi with frequent travel to remote field locations in Mandera County, Kenya, Dollow Region, Somalia, and Dollo Ado Region, Ethiopia.
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.