Project Manager For Education & Remedial Learning At Sos Children’s Villages Rwanda
Project Manager For Education & Remedial Learning At Sos Children’s Villages Rwanda 1 PositionSOS Children’s Villages
Position Title: Project Manager for Education & Remedial Learning
Vacant positions: 1 person
Type of contract: Permanent
Working location: Kigali/National Office
Supervisor: Head of Projects and RBM
Deadline: 22nd October 2021
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is part of a Federation of more than 120 National Associations (NA), that makeup SOS Children’s Villages International. The latter is the world’s largest non-governmental organization focused on supporting children without parental care and families at risk. SOS Children Villages Rwanda was established in 1979 and currently operates from four Programme Locations: Kigali, Nyamagabe, Gicumbi, and Kayonza.
The Project Manager for Education and Remedial Learning, under the leadership of the Director of Programmes, supports the development and implementation of strategic initiatives in Education and Remedial Learning through the provision of technical advice to the MA and partner organizations in relation to relevant programs in general and to Kura Umenye – FS Educare Project in particular. She/he advises all the locations program and FS Educare project teams in the implementation of an innovative Education and Remedial Learning model as guided by the SOS CV Care promise, existing agreements with line Ministries and other Government bodies, and SOS CV Rwanda strategic orientations and plans.
- Develop criteria to select learning clubs’ members
- Assist in establishing the Learning clubs in schools
- Develop criteria to select mentors in consultation with stakeholders
- Recruit mentors to train the school-based mentors
- Select learning clubs’ members in consultation with stakeholders
- Offer remedial program through Ed Tech to improve learning outcomes (Tablets)
- Develop and offer incentives to motivate and reward learning clubs’ members (books, notebook)
- Deliver remedial program through gender-sensitive, disability inclusive, and environmentally friendly education infrastructures
- Address negative gender-based social norms through EdTech and arts
- Assist in Strengthening the School based Mentors’ capacity
- Train mentors in Districts of the Project’s intervention
- Offer mentors with performance incentives
- Establish partnership with other Implementing stakeholders
- Assist in hiring the Consultant to train teachers in remedial learning education
- Assist in the follow up with MINEDUC/REB for list for Schools that need remedial learning program
- Assist program locations to increase capacity in high-quality Project reporting and meeting agreed deadlines
- Create work plans for field team through Heads of Locations to execute against the set targets
- Provide weekly reports to track productivity and quality of service; own course correction if metrics feedback from schools.
- Formulate a plan for targeted monitoring/engagement while in the field supervision and monitoring the result on the field.
- Run performance reviews for Project Field Officers attached to Education and remedial learning unit
- Provide reports and information in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform project related analysis and policy issues associated with recovery and resilience for agile operations
- Support the Schools (In our Intervention) in developing detailed operational plans and associated documentation
- Create a comprehensive tool set for supervision of the Project operations and fieldwork.
Required experience and qualification:
- At least Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate qualification in Education or community development-related social sciences such as social work, school psychology, school mental health, etc.
- At least 5 years work experience with at least 3 years in a managerial position
- Proven leadership and people management skills, with at least 3 years management experience.
- Positive and professional approach. Ability to work independently, self-organize, bring initiative, fulfil commitments and meet deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including written and spoken English and the ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Well-developed facilitation, group leadership, and presentation skills
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Able and willing to travel within the country
- A team player who is culturally astute, respectful, and tolerant
- Knowledge of social development issues, such as children’s rights
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-site organization with a matrix structure and a geographically-dispersed team.
- Ability to work under pressure and on short deadlines.
- Matured candidate with good analytical skills