Project Management Officer At Jubilee Insurance
Project Management Officer At Jubilee Insurance 1 PositionJubilee Insurance Company Ltd
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance.
Job Ref. No.
The role holder will oversee the implementation of IT infrastructure and software within the organization. Their main duties include project planning, resource allocation and project implementation that is on scope, schedule, cost, quality and aligned with the organization’s standards and policies.
- Project Management Governance & Best Practice
- Responsible for the establishment and management of the project methodology while incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation, and reporting which fit the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the quality of decision making and timely project delivery.
- Establishes and manages processes supporting the project steering committee, streamlining communications between project managers and project sponsors, and empowering the committee to engage in meaningful and efficient debate of priorities and resource availability.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete
- Maintain and update the project management framework and disciplines necessary to support a Project Management Office
- Act as an advocate for best practices in Project Management
- Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, building relationships with stakeholders and brokering relationships at all levels
- Project Management Strategy & Execution
- Contributes to the formulation of approved business plans, operating plans, budgets, and capital expenditure requests in line with the strategic goals and objectives of Jubilee Insurance
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects
- Monitor Project overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances.
- Contributes to overall profitability of Jubilee Insurance by liaising with the Finance Department to monitor all areas of project expenditure and ensure reporting on performance against variations.
- Assist project managers to incorporate strategies for cost efficiencies within their business case and project design.
- Contributes to the flow of communication within the team by actively participating in team meetings
- Prepares and submits reports as required by the Group Chief Information Officer
- Ensures familiarity and compliance with all Jubilee Insurance policies and processes at all stages of the project lifecycle
- Project Management Assistance & Guidance
- Assist and advise project sponsors, project managers, and teams on the best use of project management disciplines, tools and approaches within a fast-paced and high-tech environment.
- Develop positive relationships with project sponsors, project managers, and teams to enable the Project Management Office to provide support including facilitation, tracking, reporting on projects, and training
- Support change management efforts by advising on resource allocation, including adjustments based on emerging business or technical opportunities and challenges
- Assist and contribute to development of the Project Management Office Stakeholder Management plan and implementation of the communication framework
- Visionary Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Treasury Solution Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any other related Field.
- Certification in PMP or Prince 2
- Minimum of five years relevant experience. IT Project Management experience will be an added advantage.