Project Co-ordinator Gis (nairobi) At Marie Stopes
Project Co-ordinator Gis (nairobi) At Marie Stopes 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Marie Stopes International is an international non-governmental organisation providing contraception and safe abortion services in 37 countries around the world. Marie Stopes International as an organisation lobbies in favour of access to abortion, and provides a variety of sexual and reproductive healthcare services including advice, vasectomies, and abortions in the UK and other countries where it is legal to do so. In 2015 there were an estimated 21 million women around the world using a method of contraception provided by Marie Stopes International provided. The contraception and safe abortion services that the organisation provided in 2015 averted 6.3 million unintended pregnancies, 4 million unsafe abortions and 18,100 maternal deaths. The organisation’s core services include family planning; safe abortion and post-abortion care; maternal and child health care, including safe delivery and obstetrics; diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections; and HIV/AIDS prevention.
MSI is going through an extensive digital transformation with a range of projects targeted at transforming our ability to better serve clients in need. This role does not include travel and will be instrumental to plan and project manage the implementation of smaller projects, working together with the different project teams in various geographical locations responsible for delivering. The role will also assist IS project managers within larger projects and follow MSI’s project management methodology to meet the needs of the business, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget, to deliver the agreed outcomes and defined benefits.
Qualifications, skills and experience
To perform this role, it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Prince 2 Foundation (preferred)
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience.
- Full professional proficiency in English(essential), working knowledge of French (desirable)
- Proven experience working on projects using industry standard methodologies across lifecycles.
- Experience in writing and editing documents for various audiences, including non–technical ones
- Highly numerate; able to examine and critically query complex data
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail; methodical and precise
- Strong training, influencing and persuasion skills
- Developed planning and organisational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects to deliver with quality and on time
- Strong computer literacy
- Intermediate excel skills
- Excellent people skills, with experience working cross–culturally and providing remote support
- Experience with successful change management initiatives, processes, methodologies
- Ability to take initiative and work on your own
- Demonstrable experience in using evidence to drive performance
Closing Date : 20th May, 2021