Programme Officer - Kisumu
Programme Officer - Kisumu 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Our client in the Technological Innovation and Startup Incubation space is looking for a programme officer who has experience and exposure in the NGO sector. The candidate will be based in Kisumu.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Programme Officer will be involved in the below roles;
Budget Management, Resource Mobilization, and Business Development/Social Enterprise
a) Develop exceptional proposals and/or concepts for financial support and sustainability of the programme.
b) Develop appropriate fundraising strategies such as writing proposals as well as sustainable alternative revenue sources.
c) Map out the resource requirements of specifically assigned projects under the Policy, Legal and Institutional Frameworks programme and mobilize resources targeting development partners whose criteria match the need of the programme.
d) Develop and track budgets, and monitor programme expenditure against budgets for the assigned project activities.
e) Manage donor contracts for assigned projects.
f) Lead social enterprise and local resource mobilization efforts for the programme through generating additional resources from consultancies pertaining to the programme objectives, and mobilize resources from the private sector and citizens.
a) Develop and operationalize effective reporting mechanisms for the programme and ensure timely periodic, monthly, and annual progress reports.
b) Work with other programme team members to conduct timely and appropriate narrative and financial reporting with respect to all activities and grants in the Policy, Legal and Institutional Frameworks programme.
c) Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as assigned from time to time.
d) Establish internal Programme monitoring and evaluation tools for tracking performance
a) Design projects, work plans/schedules and ensure their successful implementation to achieve overall programme objectives and strategic goals; and timely sub-programme reports; monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
b) Management of the programme’s budgets; monitoring expenditure, identification of budgets gaps and proper accounts to donor funds. The task will include timely reports to donors and other relevant stakeholders.
c) Support the identification and recruitment of qualified service providers including procurement of assets/utilities and consultants for tasks specific to the programme. The programme officer shall also assist in the preparation of the terms of reference, expression of interest, and contracts in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures and will facilitate successful delivery of work by such service providers.
d) Provide technical support to ensure that technical documents of the programme are fully reviewed, discussed, and appropriately disseminated. This task includes support to research, data collection, and reports.
e) Assist in the coordination of programme activities including meetings, forums, workshops, trainings and production of reports/minutes thereto.
f) Build capacity of staff and relevant stakeholders on institutional governance, service delivery, and public procurement.
Advisory/ Strategy Development
a) Provide leadership and support development of national, regional, and global strategies.
b) Ensure effective implementation of the Strategic Plan by tracking and reviewing progress, reporting, and leading the development of implementation plans.
Coalition Building/Partnerships Development
a) Develop links and share experiences with relevant stakeholders to promote the achievement of the organization’s vision and mission.
b) Work with relevant partner coalitions and networks to develop collaborative programme strategies, resource mobilization, concerted efforts, and collective results for the desired impact.
c) Collaborate with the private sector in line with the organization’s policies to support transparency and accountability.
• Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in the relevant field.
• At least 5 years’ relevant work experience in Programme or Project Assistant capacity or equivalent.
• Proven experience in proposal writing and project management in an NGO set up.
• Proven experience in managing partnerships particularly in the NGO sector.
• Experience and ability to conceptualize, implement, and evaluate programmes.
• Result oriented, team player and self-motivated;
• Ability to multi-task, with tight deadlines/schedules and attention to detail;
• Excellent writing, research, communication, and interpersonal skills;
• A strong commitment to the aims, objectives, and values of the organization;
• A person of high integrity;
• High-level skills in report writing and presentation;
• A mature self-starter, a good communicator, and team builder with the ability to manage and motivate staff;
• High degree of flexibility;
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
• Experience with international donor reporting guidelines
• Proven experience in NGO or social enterprise setting/sector