Programme Development Intern - Digital Transformation Support At The Un World Food Programme Wfp
Programme Development Intern - Digital Transformation Support At The Un World Food Programme Wfp 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The position will be based in supply chain and port operations to be Port Operations / Supply Chain unit, Mombasa, Kenya. The internship will be typically for the period of at least 3 months during May/June to August/ September 2021.
Brief description of WFP activities in Port Operations/Supply Chain Unit in Mombasa, Kenya:
Mombasa Port is the main port of entry in Kenya and main HUB for WFP operations in the Region with a turnover of over 300,000MT foods and non-foods items per year. WFP Mombasa is responsible for handling arrivals of containerized cargo and charter vessels supporting the landlocked countries and Kenya operations.
The Mombasa Office is operational and dynamic, involving warehouse management / land transport, port clearances activities and vessel discharge operations. We are looking for young talented individuals with an interest in supply chain and port operations. The intern will be supervised by the head of the office, providing training in shipping activities, warehousing management, and logistics in general.
- Title of Post: PD Internship_ Digital Transformation Support
- Supervisor: Logistics Officer of Unit/Head of Office
- Unit: Supply Chain, Port Operations
- Country: Kenya
- Duty Station: Mombasa
- Duration of internship : At least 3 months (May/June to August/September 2021)
- Expected Start Date: ASAP, June 2021
Duties And Responsibilities
The intern will be supervised by the head of the office providing training in shipping activities, warehousing management, and logistics in general. The PD Summer Intern will perform the following duties:
- Update weekly reports, including maintaining our Tableau Dashboard
- Assist the various teams in our internal business processes, Warehousing, Transport, Shipping
- Manage WFP’s container tracing system during vessel discharge
- Provide a daily warehouse assessment using the mobile APP
- Coordinate and organize workshops for service provision
- Participate in the in-house trainings on the various supply chain subjects
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications And Experience
- Currently enrolled in a graduate programme and have attended classes in the past 12 months, or a recent graduate from a graduate programme (within six months prior to the application to the internship programme).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills
- Excellent IT skills / dashboards / mobile APPs
Required Soft Skills/WFP Competencies
- Good team work and interpersonal skills
- Openness to innovation and learning
- Enthusiasm for humanitarian and development causes
Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) is required.
Supervision (Level/Methods of Supervision)
Under the direct supervision of Logistics Officer of Unit, the incumbent will be provided with close mentoring, guidance, and technical supervision. Performance planning and reviews as well as learning and development discussions will be elemental part of the supervision. Head of Office will be the second-level supervisor. With the support of a comprehensive induction package and assignment of a buddy/mentor, the intern will rapidly become a productive member of the team.
Throughout their assignment, WFP interns have access to an industry leading learning platform, WeLearn. Depending on opportunities and availability of funds, he/she may participate in WFP workshops or seminars, as appropriate.
At the end of the assignment, the Intern should have:
- Results-based skills in supply chain activities, port operations and warehouse management
- Good knowledge in modernizing our internal processes, Dashboard implemented, mobile APP and Transport Allocations tool concluded
- Understanding in Shipping / Maritime industry
- Skills in planning, coordination and collaborating both with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Integration and more service provision
- General understanding of WFP overall operations