Program Officer At Pact World
Program Officer At Pact World 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The Program Officer will provide technical input and guidance on conflict management and peace-building components of the proposed European Union-funded three-year collaboration in Cross-Border Areas of the Horn of Africa Region: Southwest Ethiopia –Northwest Kenya border. S/He will be responsible for bringing out best available practices and innovative approaches in implementing the proposed project in accordance with the EUTF agreement, under the direction of the EUTF SEEK Team Leader. This position is based in Lodwar.
Roles and responsibilities:
· Propose and implement, in conjunction with partner agencies, programming strategies to include women, youth and other minority and marginalized groups and individuals into peace-building processes.
· Together with partner agencies, identify the root causes of conflicts in the conflict systems.
· In consultation with the partner agencies and the communities identify suitable innovative interventions that are culturally appropriate to address the root causes of conflicts identified in the conflict systems.
· Assist with general program operations and field-based activity.
· Liaise with and support key program staff to ensure that SEEK program is running effectively and making best use of project resources.
· Provide written and oral translation and report writing for program staff, as necessary.
· Monitor program activity to provide weekly overviews to the Program Manager on progress, challenges, and suggestions.
· Data-entry of program information, as assigned.
· Track project development throughout the target area.
· Assist program staff in coordinating logistics and project activities.
· Maintain, monitor, and measure project implementation data entry.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of experience in Conflict, CVE, Peace Building, Migration, or a related field.
· Three years’ experience in managing complex peace building programs, cross border programs, CVE and/or migration programs of similar scope and size is desired.
· Experience in program management and administration, financial management, award cooperative agreement compliance, sub award management, and tracking project performance and costs.
· Flexibly to changing situations, overcomes obstacles and recovers quickly from setbacks.
· Ability to work in partnership with team members, partner agencies and community members of both the international and national communities.
· Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
· Strong computer (word processing) literacy, skills in graphic/web design a plus.