JOB TITLE: PROGRAM COORDINATOR
COMMENCEMENT DATE: JANUARY, 2022
WORK STATION: NCCK IKUTHA CCCD OFFICE
DURATION: 1 YEAR, RENEWABLE CONTRACT BASED ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDING
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Project Cordinator ( PC) will take full leadership of the KITUI CCCD project and oversee the smooth implementation of project activities as per the Multi-annual and Annual plan.The project coordinator will provide support to staff and ensure ensure successful delivery of high impact, high quality and cost-effective program to the project beneficiaries.
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Result Area 1:
In cooperation with the project team, the PC will actively contribute to the designing of the IKUTHA CCCD program:
- Ensure development of CCCD Annual and Quarterly Work plans.
- Ensure development of CCCD Annual plans and budgets, based on the Multi-annual plan;
- Ensure CCCD Annual Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) framework are carried out and updated;
- Provide updates on CCCD project Theory of Change, strategic plan and Multi-annual plan;
Result area 2:
Ensure implementation of specific thematic areas (Education, ECD, Program Sponsorship, Children Groups, Parent Groups, Farmers Groups, SHGs, Youth and Work and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene – WASH):
- Ensure networks and collaborating with other stakeholders in the CCCD thematic areas for learning and sharing of ideas;
- Ensuring maximum impact of the program is achieved on the benefeciaries by providing good supervision for thematic areas initiatives;
- Ensure regular feedback sessions from beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the thematic focus areas;
- Development of Quarterly Work plan for the thematic areas and ensuring planned targets are reached;
- Ensuring successful implementation of activities for the thematic focus areas as per the Annual plan;
- Ensure Participation in regular program reflection sessions with other NCCK staff;
- Documenting best practices and lessons learnt, and applying these in the next planning cycle.
Result areas 3:
- Ensure implementation of CCCD social and economic program:
- Ensure implementation of CCCD social and economic program activities as per the Annual plan;
- Ensure the implementation of the CCCD’s Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) framework;
- Ensuring good balance of activities per Quarter based on the Annual Work plan;
- Conduct regular reflection sessions with staff and community facilitators on progress made and way forward for the program.
- Ensure Coordination with key stakeholders on information sharing and provide updates on project progress and partnership.
- Providing oversight role to ensure quality and cost effective program delivery
Result area 4:
- Ensuring proper financial accountability:
- Ensure timely funds requests for activities for IKUTHA site office;
- Ensure proper accountability for all funds received through the Project office;
- Ensures that the activity funds requests, corresponding supporting documents and finance reports are sent to the Programme Manager and Project Accountant are accurate and made on time;
- Coordinate with the Regional Manager to ensure that CCCD Project Supplier documents and corresponding payments are accurate and are made on time;
Result area 5:
Responsible for supervision of staff and office operations.
- Liaises with Programme Manager to ensure that job descriptions,contracts and appraisals are up-to-date;
- In conjuction project staff identify opportunities for learning and capacity building;
- Holds regular meetings with the CCCD Project staff (and NCCK program staff) as needed.
- Ensures timely submission of the Quarterly and Annual narrative and finance reports (including PMEL database) to Program Manager.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, community development or other relevant field from recognized university
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Community Mobilisation Skills
- Planning and Organisational Skills
- Fund raising skills
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Ability to speak the local language
- Mature Committed and Christian
- Ability to multitask and work with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
Relevant Job Experience
- Three to five years experience in community development work, especially in rural areas
Increase your chances of landing this job by updating your CV:Request HERE:OR CALL/TEXT/WHATSAPP 0702068282