Procurement Officer At Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (aecf)
Procurement Officer At Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund (aecf) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
• Support the review and implementation of procurement policies, guidelines, internal
control systems and procedures.
• Support the establishment of a clear procurement plan ensuring that requests are managed
effectively allowing sufficient time is provided to complete all necessary processes.
• Review, record, and prioritise purchasing requests and obtains additional
information/documentation as required; help requisitionersin preparing scope of work and
specifications of goods and services; propose product substitutions consistent with
requirements to achieve cost savings; confirm the availability of funding sources.
• Identify and recommend sources of procurement; interview potential suppliers; prepares
and maintains database of approved suppliers and prequalified lists.
• Produce tender documents (e.g., Requests for Pre-qualifications, Invitations to Bid,
Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotations) based on the nature of the
requirements and cost of procurement involved.
• Prepare abstracts of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals, and bids
to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and
lowest costs possible with due consideration to quality, delivery time, payment terms and
other discounts, transportation costs, etc.
• Enter negotiation of terms and conditions of orders; obtain credit and other information on
• Finalize purchase orders and contracts for approval in line with delegated authority, and if
required, prepare submissions for review and subsequent approval.
• Resolve issues/problems related to delivered goods, including discrepancies between
purchase orders and items/quantities shipped or received, demurrages; prepares and signs
return to vendor forms for unacceptable and/or damaged goods received.
• Maintain relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements,
framework arrangements, etc.
• Ensures safe custody of the Purchase Orders, Quotations, procurement related
correspondences, and any other accountable documents.
• Research, retrieves and presents information from a variety of internal and external sources
on sources of supply, vendors by commodity etc., as well as obtain specifications for new
products and equipment’s in the market.
• Ensure the No Conflict-of-Interest Policy is upheld throughout all processes of procurement.
• Support management of all contracts issued and ensure that they are up-to-date and
adhered to by the authorised suppliers.
• Manage all the Procurement files and documents and ensure that all the procurement
records are up to date.
• Coordinate the disposal of obsolete and surplus materials/assets.
• Ensure that all travel adheres to the AECF Travel Policy.
• Support the procurement of Hotels & Accommodation for events, workshops etc.
• Support day-to-day travel and logistics management ensuring that all travel and logistics
complies with AECF’s travel policy.
• Review travel authorisations and confirm budgets where necessary.
• Assist in interpretation and training staff on travel policies and procedures.
Training & Capacity Building
• Support organisation of procurement and logistics trainings for staff on a regular basis.
• Assist in development and maintenance of an effective orientation package to ensure that
new staff members are appropriately orientated on procurement policies and procedures
in a timely manner.
• Ensure the procurement department maintains cooperative relations with other
departments and interacts with them in a positive manner.
• Provide support in managing all supplies for the organisation, ensuring the administration
team are logging all incoming and outgoing supplies and any discrepancies are investigated
• Provide support in managing the process of procurement and delivery of supplies to
office/sites/training/events, ensuring all items are logged in and any extra supplies are
returned to the office and logged correctly where necessary.
Required qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, International
Business, or related disciplines.
• Diploma from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or equivalent
certification from a recognized institution.
• Excellent command of English and Swahili, fluency in French will be an added advantage.
• Be a member of a procurement-related professional body such as KISM, CIPS etc.
• Four (4) years’ experience in a busy procurement environment.
• Knowledge of procurement and logistics and related fields.
• Reliable and dependable, high level of personal integrity and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of ERP systems and related software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as word, excel, outlook.
• Excellent numeracy, literacy, and organizational skills.
• Strong client service orientation and displaying a good-natured cooperative attitude with
internal and external clients.
• Knowledge of EU, DFID and USAID, procurement conditions a plus.
Vacancies in ProcurementView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.