Procurement And Administration Officer At Deloitte Consulting
Procurement And Administration Officer At Deloitte Consulting 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
- Oversee the procurement activities for the project.
- Provide guidance and advice to staff on policy issues related to procurement and contracting.
- Ensure duties and VAT exemptions applications are done by providing pro-forma invoices for all vatable procurement activities.
- Manage and ensure that all satellite office supplies are adequate and delivered on time.
- Ensure that materials and equipment are procured, delivered and distributed accordingly.
- Ensure adherence to standard procurement operating procedures.
- Liaise with finance, senior management and programs to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and ensuring full auditable support documentation.
- Develop and manage the Tujenge Jamii purchasing policies, procedures, standards, and strategies in order to ensure process transparency, fairness, impartiality, and confidentiality.
- Ensure the adequacy of specifications for purchasing purposes.
- Negotiate major purchases, develop blanket or master agreements with suppliers, and engage in all aspects of contract management.
- Evaluate cost and quality of materials, equipment, products, or services.
- Manage purchase requisitions/orders.
- Review records of materials, equipment, products, or services ordered and received.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability and alternative sources of supply.
- Supervise general support services, ensuring general cleanliness and maintenance of the offices.
- Oversee motor vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure that the inventory listing is updated on a regular basis and inventory report prepared.
- Ensure effective implementation of the Tujenge Jamii administrative procedures.
- Accurate and timely reporting of the projects procurement spend.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Purchasing and Supplies Management or its equivalent.
- A be a member of KISM or CIPS in good standing.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a busy procurement environment, preferably NGO.
- Strong knowledge of procurement methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of USAID rules and regulation on procurement and administrative services practices.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Strategic direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Talent development – Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.