Part-time Biology Subject Teacher To Igcse Level At Hillcrest International Schools
Part-time Biology Subject Teacher To Igcse Level At Hillcrest International Schools 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
DUTIES AND ROLES:
- Ensure effective learning for all students through excellent teaching and delivery of well-planned and organised lessons across the Key Stages.
- Use appropriate strategies to ensure outstanding student progress and well-being.
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Set and mark challenging class and homework according to school policy.
- Support the development of teaching materials and courses of study.
- Participate in arrangements for preparing students for public examinations.
- Liaise with parents and support staff to ensure excellent attainment.
- Support extended intervention/enrichment activities to enhance students’ learning experiences.
- Manage the behaviour of students in the classroom and around the school.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all students
- Support and uphold the requirements of school polices and adhere to the staff code of conduct.
- Be responsible for ensuring subject knowledge is developed and participate in staff training and development.
- Attend team/staff meetings and participate in open evenings.
- Participate in relevant administrative and organisational tasks.
- Be an effective form tutor.
- Degree or equivalent in relevant subject
- Qualified teacher status.
- Recent and relevant professional development.
- Post graduate qualifications in teaching subject
- Must have taught subject syllabus at IGCSE level for at least 2 years
- Teaching that is good or better which impacts positively on student progress.
- A broad knowledge of relevant curriculum areas at different Key Stages including a sound understanding of assessment and monitoring.
- Experience of the use of data tracking and target setting to raise attainment and identify under performance.
- An understanding and appreciation of the value of interesting and stimulating display and other motivational materials.
- To be able to use ICT effectively.
Knowledge And Skills
- Excellent knowledge of subject.
- A commitment to and knowledge of effective strategies to maintain and raise attainment, in particular to address the differing needs which exist in the mixed ability classroom, which includes second language learners.
- An enthusiasm and commitment to teaching
- An ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to a range of audiences.
- Proven administrative, time management and organisational skills
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE
- A commitment to multi-cultural education, the schools vision and ethos, equal opportunities policy and practice.
- A commitment to, and understanding of the wider aspects of student development including tutoring and PSHCE.
- A willingness to initiate and participate in both cross curricular and extracurricular activities.
- The ability to establish effective and appropriate relationships with students. The ability to be a successful team member
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to parents, external agencies and the wider community.
- Flexible, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A reflective practitioner who responds to change positively.
- An understanding of the importance of professionalism and confidentiality.
- A commitment to being a role model for staff and students in relation to overall conduct to include the following: dress code, attendance and timekeeping.
- A corporate citizen involved in the school community and able to demonstrate Hillcrest’s philosophy and core values.
- Has the potential for further promotion and a commitment to career development.
Vacancies in Education & TrainingView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.