Online Sub Editor At Nation Media Group
Online Sub Editor At Nation Media Group 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The Nation Media Group (NMG) founded by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1959 has become the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa. It has been quoted on the Nairobi Stock Exchange since the early 1970s. As the leading multi-media house in the East African region, it has print as well as electronic media and the Internet which attracts a regular readership quite unparalleled in the region.
OB REF: HR-OSE-06-2021
Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of Online Sub Editor in the Editorial department:
The job holder will be responsible for editing stories, writing captions, placing pictures and writing headlines for the Group’s web platforms in a way that confers with journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style within set deadlines.
- Updating the website and mobile platforms on a 24-hour cycle to meet targets for assigned sub-sections/channels;
- Checking and correcting editorial copy for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity and balance to conform to the Group’s Editorial Policy, online style and search engine optimization;
- Providing content for designated Nation Mobile channels to meet the set targets;
- Generating creative multimedia content in keeping with changing news realities and convergence requirements;
- Ensuring associated convergence elements are clearly sign-posted in print stories/pages;
- Ensuring strict adherence to the 14-point guideline for production of web stories ; and
- Adhering to Social Media Policy as updated from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in mass communication;
- Three (3) years reporting or editing experience in a digital newsroom or publishing house, or modern communication related fields;
- He or she must be mature, independent, self-driven and an effective planner.
- Ability to write and edit, conduct research and interpret data.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online athttps://www.nationmedia.com/careers/ on or before June 13, 2021.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.