Ongoing Recruitment At World Vision International. Apply Now!!!
Ongoing Recruitment At World Vision International. Apply Now!!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Grant Accountant – MANE (Mayuge Ntd Elimination Project)
Report to: Project Manager
Location: Mayuge District
Purpose of the position:
This position will focus on the Mayuge Ntd Elimination Project and assist with budget development & controls as well as reporting to donors & external stakeholders where applicable. The position holder plays a key role in generation of donor financial reports per donor templates.
- Prepare and review financial vouchers, and allocate costs to all cost centres relating to key financial transactions.
- Carry out daily payments of cash and cheques/Mobile money systems to the respective payees and make weekly and monthly reviews of the cash operations balances and make necessary observations to confirm they are within the budgeted and Donor requirements
- Prepare and update all necessary books of accounts and ledgers such as the petty cash book, income/receipt book, cheque registers and cash flow forecasts, Procurements and Assets Registers in line with WVU financial manual.
- Carry out routine field visits to ascertain value for money and items reaching correct beneficiaries as well as ensuring 100% submission of Labour Distribution Reports (LDRs) for employees that are assigned to the grant.
- Carry out Bank / Project Financial dealings which involve cash withdrawals, deposits, Statements and transfers to Community in accordance to WVU and the Donor requirements. Oversee the rollout of the project data collection process at the community and health facility level
- Prepare, implement and monitor a consolidated and Sub-cost Annual Project Budget, make monthly and quarterly budgetary analysis; prepare project, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial reports in Accordance with WV Financial policies and guidelines and KOCA Grants requirements.
- Carry out the daily Administration of the project such as Management of Project stores and assets, reviewing the project drivers days’ programs, drafting Suppliers’ small contracts
- Prepare complete & accurate project financial reports and grant specific reports on a monthly basis and share with project management teams by the 18th of every month and compile grant projects funding & forecasts.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager/coordinator
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- A University education with a major in Accounting and part qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA or CIMA or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience, preferably within World Vision or KOICA-funded grants.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Must be swift in handling business processes
- Must Communicate clearly and concisely both in writing and orally.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team builder, who works successfully in a multicultural environment.
- A high level of integrity is required.
- Report writing skills,
- Perform other duties as required.
- Working under minimum supervision,
- Computer Literacy
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity
- Resource mobilization