Ongoing Recruitment At Media Council Of Kenya
Ongoing Recruitment At Media Council Of Kenya 1 PositionMedia Council of Kenya
The Media Council of Kenya is an independent national institution established by the Media Council Act 2013 for purposes of setting of media standards and ensuring compliance with those standards as set out in Article 34(5) of the Constitution and for connected purposes. The Council started as a self-regulating body in 2004 to regulate media industry in Kenya
VA/11 (5 Positions-Based in Nairobi, Nakuru, Kisumu and Mombasa)
- Transport authorized persons for official duties;
- Drive the assigned vehicle ensuring the safety of passengers, vehicle and other road users for the transport of authorized persons;
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle —check oil level, water, coolant, battery, tyre, etc;
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the vehicle including arraigning it for repair using the prevailing procedure;
- Log official trips as per government procedure and policies including mileage, consumption, route etc.;
- Ensure vehicle documents are current including display of insurance cover at all times observe traffic rules and regulations;
- Maintain confidentiality of passenger conversations /discussions;
- Report accidents or incidents immediately to the supervisor and ensure that steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Possess a KCSE certificate D plain or its KNEC accepted equivalent
- Possess a clean driving license free from any endorsement;
- Three years (3) proven driving experience
- Have adequate knowledge of the highway code;
- Have Government Trade test III;
- Have knowledge of driving rules and conversant with road security code.
- Have a valid certificate of good conduct from Kenya Police renewable every two years.
Shortlisted candidates for VA/1 must obtain clearance from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Applicants for positions VA/2, VA/9, VA10 and VA/11 must clearly indicate their preferred station of work or indicate willingness to work in any of the mentioned regional offices.
Further, all candidates are required to provide their valid membership with relevant professional bodies.
Increase your chances of landing this job and be among the shortlisted by requesting for free CV review HERE