Ongoing Recruitment At Coalition On Violence Against Women (covaw). Apply Now!!
Ongoing Recruitment At Coalition On Violence Against Women (covaw). Apply Now!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Programmes Manager at Coalition on Violence Against Women (COVAW)
COVAW was founded in 1995. in a workshop that identified two critical areas that no organization was dealing with- Violence against Women and the lack of women in decision making processes and that there was a need to form a Coalition that would address the same. This saw the birth of the Coalition on Violence against Women, which is now a registered non- governmental organization with the Government of Kenya. COVAW was established as a membership organization. The membership was drawn from professional and individual women and men who are committed to the eradication of violence against women and the advancement of women’s human rights in general.
- Inputs to the development of COVAW strategy and objectives
- Planning and budgeting for programmes
- Ensuring the development, implementation and monitoring of programmes
- Preparing progress reports for decision making by COVAW and external stakeholders
- With the Executive Director, implement the resource mobilization strategy
- Co-ordinating seamless training sessions including availability of venues and training materials
- Implementing fund raising strategy
- Ensuring conduct of baseline surveys, internal and external project surveys in implementation areas
- Representing COVAW in meetings with donors and key COVAW partners
The Programmes Manager will be expected to;
- Present ideas clearly, negotiates confidently and persuasively
- Create partnerships and alliances
- Build an environment of mutual respect and trust
- Employ a team approach; recognizes the balance of collaborating, leading and following
- Plan, prioritises and focuses on what is critical
- Demonstrate personal career planning
- Think creatively and innovatively; seeks new or ‘reinventing’ opportunities
- Recognize the value of professional networking and personal career planning
- Balance work, family and community obligations
- Remain flexible and positive in a time of continuing change
- Celebrate achievements for self and others
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Member of the Senior Management Team
- Has established strong working relationships with colleagues especially Programmes Officers
- Has established excellent networks and working relationships with external stake holders including donors and other stake holders
Decision Making Authority:
The job demands implicitly taking a view of the risks and odds against a shifting background and the jobholder will be expected to step beyond the boundary of readily available answers to find solutions.
Required qualifications and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or law.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, three of which as a senior programmes officer in a reputable medium to large NGO or similar not for profit organisations.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in working in a diverse team and with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency speaking and writing in English and Kiswahili
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning skills
- Computer Literacy (including excel skills).
The successful candidate must also demonstrate COVAW values as follows: Integrity, Dignity, Courage, Commitment and Solidarity.
Do you want to increase your chances of landing this job? Request for CV editing today!