Officer, Branch Support South Sudan At Standard Bank Group
Officer, Branch Support South Sudan At Standard Bank Group 1 PositionStandard Bank Group
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in subâ€‘Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC).
To support the assigned Branch Network with a consistently high-quality support structure. Proactively identify and assess the risks faced by the branches, manage the risks and have an effective system of controls in place to reduce overall exposure and provide a secure, appropriately staffed, cost-effective and responsive sales and service delivery infrastructure for Kenya and South Sudan.
- Cost focus to drive improvement in the cost to revenue ratio.
- Branch and assets safely guarded against preventable loss.
- Regular checks made to ensure that Branch are adequately staffed to provide a prompt and effective service to their customers.
- Any lapses in the application of routine, risk and loss control procedures highlighted by the Monitoring and Routine Control officers to be addressed in consultation with the Branch management.
- Branch risk identification and mitigation, including periodic reporting to business management
- Downtime of channels and systems (ATM’s, BNA, Systems e.t.c.) kept to a minimum through the provision of proactive support to the various outlets within the country.
- Premises, equipment and furnishings at Branch kept in a good state of repair and requirements for replacements or repairs timely identified, budgeted for and effected.
- Participation and support to the various business initiatives and roll-out of new/enhanced products.
- Accountability for embedding process and procedure with staff in assigned Branch Network and adherence thereto.
- Branch Audit preparation and Audit closures.
- Be the Custodian of the SLA with all stake holders and service provider for branches.
- Custodian of the Branch recovery plans and ensure they are tested and working.
- Ownership of customer contact management processes to control attrition by monitoring inactive, dormant and overdrawn accounts.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption (within Branch, Department or Section) of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and
- Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
- Compliance – Responsible for the implementation and adoption within CHNW Risk Management of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of customers including those that require being subjected to Enhanced Due Diligence for on-boarding and continued business.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Operational Losses less than 1% of Profit Before Tax
- 80% Recovery of Operational Losses.
- Actual vs. Budget Costs not more than 5% variance.
- 98% or better Uptimes of ATM’s BNAs and all channels
- 9 Satisfaction rating of Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- 95% satisfactory rating in terms of SLA’s.
- Turnaround times on customer instructions/applications
- On boarding processes bedded down
- Attrition of no more than 5%
- Dormancy management
- Internal Business Processes
- Minimum 95% Satisfactory Inspection / Monitoring /Routine Control Audits
- Business Resilience Plans tested at least one a year.
- Fraud Prevention.
- Net guardian reviews and monitoring.
- 95% Productivity rating.
- Adherence to compliance guidelines
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A university degree in a business related course with a minimum of upper second.
- A Diploma in Banking is desirable.
- Relevant banking related courses.
- A sound grounding in general banking with 7 or more years experience especially in Branch Leadership, with 3 years at supervisory level.