Nephrologist At Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
Nephrologist At Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital 1 PositionKenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a leading National Referral Hospital with a 650 bed capacity and equipped with state-of-art medical amenities. The hospital is well equipped to offer Oncology, Trauma & Orthopedics, Renal among other services.
KUTRRH/DCSNEPH/331 – 1
POST Position Summary
The Nephrologist’s job exists to provide specialized medical nephrology services, coordinate research & conduct training for continuous improvement of nephrology services at KUTRRH.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing patients with kidney disorders or injuries.
- Prescribe renal replacement therapy for patients with kidney diseases.
- Will be part of a multi-disciplinary team for the kidney transplant program.
- Consult other specialists especially in critical care units as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Maintain and ensure that relevant patient records are properly updated and filed physically and in the KUTRRH Health Management Information System.
- Supervise medical students and registrars.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)/ Medical Degree)
- Master of Medicine in internal medicine from a recognized institution.
- Fellowship Nephrology from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC).
- Subspecialty recognition in nephrology by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid practicing license.
- A valid professional insurance indemnity cover.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ working experience as a Nephrologist in a busy hospital.
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Observant and compassionate
- Analytical skills
- Team player