Ncd Prevention And Communication Specialist At Un Volunteers. Apply Now!
Ncd Prevention And Communication Specialist At Un Volunteers. Apply Now! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Host Entity- UNITAR
Duty Station- Kigali (RWA)
Language Skills- English, Kinyarwanda
Start Date- Immediate
Duration- 12 months with the possibility of extension
Application Deadline- 29 November 2020
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of the assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
The purpose of this assignment is to support the national NCD prevention and communication activities in Rwanda. Within the delegated authority and under the guidance of the Defeat-NCD Partnership Programme Coordinator for Rwanda, the NCD Prevention Specialist will carry out the following tasks:
- Lead the development of a 5-year communication plan to accompany the National NCD Strategy and Costed Action Plan for Rwanda.
- Lead the preparation of project proposals and plans, including timelines, responsibilities, and resources for 7 major NCD related international days celebrated in Rwanda or other events as requested.
- Actively engage with and support other Defeat-NCD country programmes in their prevention and communication efforts.
- Actively engage with the various responsible stakeholders organizing car-free-day events in all districts, providing support and ensuring comprehensive documentation of the events.
- Ensure that all NCD-related events, celebrations, campaigns (including social media campaigns) are documented with comprehensive reporting, lessons learned, and suggestions to improve future campaigns.
- Lead the development of a resource library, and either prepare or collate various communications materials, such as videos, brochures, leaflets, infographics, presentation materials, etc, for all major NCDs and related initiatives, as per the requirements of the NCD unit at RBC, The Defeat-NCD Partnership programme in Rwanda, and other country programmes.
- Prepare daily material for RBC/NCD social media and the Partnership’s social media pages.
- Actively engage with public and privately-owned, print, broadcast, and digital media outlets and secure their engagement with NCD-related activities.
- Actively prepare opinion pieces, media releases, feature stories or other communications collaterals that showcase Rwanda and the Partnership’s work on NCDs, and progress in achieving the National Costed Action Plan goals.
- Lead capacity building for NCD personnel in Rwanda to increase efficiency in delivering NCD-related messages and to improve general communications skills.
- Prepare or design layout of graphs or other informative visual material in support of reports and publications for the NCD unit in Rwanda.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments: Master’s degree in Public Health with an advanced degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Information, Marketing, Public Relations, Branding, Media Studies, or a similar relevant field is required.
Required experience: 60 Months
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience in the field of communications, print, broadcast, or digital media, within public, private or humanitarian/non-profit sectors.
- Experience in health-related communications is required.
- Demonstrable writing and editing skills, with an ability to convey complex ideas in a creative, clear, direct and lively style
- Experience in devising and implementing strategic communications plans, including setting objectives, driving and monitoring activities, and measuring successes.
- Track record of effective writing, through reports, speeches, articles etc, is required.
- Experience using design, digital marketing and analytics software.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, video and audio production are an asset.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organisations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Desirable: valid national driving license and proven ability to drive a manual car using four-wheel drive in rough terrain.
- Sound security awareness.
- An affinity with, or interest in, public health and volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN system.
- Knowledge in using project management tool Asana (https://asana.com) on a daily basis is required for this assignment. Certification as an Asana Certified Pros (https://academy.asana.com/series/certified-pro-courses) or Asana Ambassador (https://academy.asana.com/series/asana-ambassador-courses) is preferred. Completion of relevant courses on Asana Academy (https://academy.asana.com) in order to enrol on the Asana Ambassador programme is required within one month of starting this assignment.
- UNITAR prefers the volunteer to be self-sufficient and arrange to be equipped with the requisite professional tools and equipment to carry out this assignment such as laptop with standard Adobe and Microsoft Office software, and a mobile phone.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Kinyarwanda(Optional), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other communications related experience, Public information and reporting, Other health related experience
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First, update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Rwanda and legal residents in Rwanda with a residency permit, the status of refugee or the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 29 November 2020