Medical Officer At Aids Healthcare Foundation (ahf) Rwanda
Medical Officer At Aids Healthcare Foundation (ahf) Rwanda 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
ToR ON MEDICAL OFFICER POSITION
LOCATION: Huye, but with frequent travel to AHF supported districts and sites
REPORTS TO: Medical Director – AHF Rwanda
COUNTRY PROGRAM MISSION:
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an International Non -Governmental Organization that was founded in 1987 and has been at the fore front of the response to the HIV epidemic. AHF is currently supporting HIV/AIDS programs in 45 countries including Rwanda.
AHF’s mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay.
Core values are to be:
- Value Employees
- Respect for Diversity
- Fight for What’s Right
AHF Rwanda is looking for very competent candidates to fill up the following position of Medical Officer
The Medical Officer is responsible for providing clinical care and treatment, manage HIV complicated cases. Lead HIV quality improvement projects, support site growth, program budgeting, and planning. Technically support AHF Nurse mentors and Facility staff in continuous medical education. Liaison person for districts/AHF and health facilities within Southern, western, and Northern regions
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct onsite patient bed care and treatment, medical consultation of infectious diseases.
- Provide Monthly, quarterly Reports of all infectious diseases and clinical mentorship activities carried out at health facilities to the medical director.
- Review weekly report of Nurse mentors and provides guidance on program implementation
- Ensures quality of HIV services in AHF supported sites.
- Attends weekly CME meetings, monthly medical staff meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Attends all healthcare center case conferences (a minimum of one per month) to discuss difficult patients.
- Supports health centers in the management of patients in care.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to provide coverage at other AHF sites upon request.
- Participates in data use and analysis purposed to improve program implementation
- Provide medical mentorship to the site clinical team to effectively improve quality of care and strengthen the district health system in decentralization of infectious disease (HIV, STIs and other Blood borne, TB&ORD, preventable diseases, and EID surveillance and response) prevention, care, and treatment activities.
- Implement clinical practices and knowledge on infectious diseases in AHF supported sites.
- Support health centers in the optimal use of available resources for early detection, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, and preventive measures for infectious diseases.
- Conduct field supervisions and carry out health facilities technical & programmatic needs assessment for infectious diseases.
- Build capacity of AHF supported site’ teams in infectious diseases through organization of trainings, case review presentations, etc.
- Conduct death audit for infectious disease cases.
- Participate in harmonization and standards development of infectious diseases related tools; (guidelines, protocols M&E, and disease surveillance tools …)
- In collaboration with AHF Rwanda M&E team conduct biannual or annual internal Data Quality Analysis;
- Strengthens TB-HIV, Cervical cancer/HIV, FP/HIV, and Mental health/HIV integration by health providers in supported sites.
- Supports HIV retention and site growth
- Supports patient flow, Turnaround time of lab results,Client satisfaction surveys, and Time in motion
Responsibilities include supervising Nurse mentors and bucket staff Nurses and other HIV staff.
Qualification and competencies
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in General Medicine or its equivalent from a recognized university/institution with masters of public Health or relevant experience.
- A minimum of 6 years prior experience in HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases’ Management.
- Valid medical license.
- HIV/AIDS knowledge and related experience in International NGOs
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and written / verbal communication skills, including in cross-cultural settings.
- Willingness to travel out of Huye/Butare city
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, team player with self-drive and initiative
- Computer literacy required
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English. Knowing French is an added value
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or patients
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to write articles for publication.