Medical Officer, Accident And Emergency At Aga Khan University Hospital
Medical Officer, Accident And Emergency At Aga Khan University Hospital 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
The Medical Officer, Accident and Emergency will provide quality emergency care to all patients and continuously evaluate and improve the quality of emergency care to meet patient treatment goals.
- Review and examine patients consistently by performing such duties as taking case histories, conducting physical examinations, and ordering diagnostic laboratory and radiology studies.
- Attend to patients promptly.
- When necessary, carry out privileged and potentially life-saving emergency procedures.
- Monitor patients’ progress on a regular basis.
- Initiate discussions with patient and care givers to enable better diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services.
- Timely initiation of care pathways that are in accordance to the set international guidelines of management of patients with Acute Coronary syndrome (ACS) and Acute stroke.
- Educate patients on wellness, prevention and early detection.
- Provide materials, resources and referrals to patients, family members/care givers.
- Educate patients on informed consent, choice of attending physician and right to seek second opinion.
- Initiate timely discussions with relevant consultants/departments to arrive at the best treatment plan for specialized cases.
- Participate in establishing various planning parameters for addressing referral cases received at AKUH.
- Engage nursing staff in ensuring that all treating equipment is functional and available for patient care/treatment.
- Participate in discussions with relevant members of the clinical care team to enable better integration of patient care activities.
- Work closely with members of the clinical care team to reduce errors and waste, improve skilfulness and resource utilization.
- Initiate discussions with consultants and colleagues to enable integration of clinical research activities, shared knowledge, institutional quality improvement and patient wellness activities.
- Participate in all team efforts as departmental needs arise.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B)
- Registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Accredited certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Minimum 1 year’s post internship experience preferably in a busy emergency department.
- Demonstrable competency and dexterity with all equipment utilized in the hospital environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Remarkable ability to follow through on assigned tasks and deadlines.
- Punctuality and sound time-management skills.
Vacancies in Education & TrainingView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.