Manager, Institutional Sales And Corporate Broking At Standard Bank Group
Manager, Institutional Sales And Corporate Broking At Standard Bank Group 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. “Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in subâ€‘Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC).
This is a client facing role that resides within SBG Securities in Nairobi and primarily services institutional investor (asset managers) clients of Standard Bank Group across key capital markets in East Africa, South Africa, UK/Europe and North America.
To proactively identify, build, manage and advise a portfolio of diverse clients, ensuring that client needs are understood and fulfilled with the right equities solution, to maximise sales return within defined risk parameters while optimising cross-sell opportunities and overall client experience;
To manage coordination, communication and successful distribution of public-side ECM and DCM transactions with key internal- and external stakeholders and provide corporate broking services to select corporate executive teams.
To participate and assist the Head, Equities execute/deliver key business development/strategic opportunities across equities, and fixed income and other multi-asset class opportunities.
- Equity Sales
- Provide specialised investment advice on companies operating in Africa to a wide range of GEM, EMEA and frontier-focused institutional investors and hedge funds in the UK and US;
- Act as account manager to develop existing- and new institutional client relationships;
- Act as a bridge for research teams located in Nairobi and Lagos into South African, UK, and US institutional clients;
- Managing corporate access events such as conferences, bespoke client roadshows, webinars etc.
- Disseminate Equity research and generate investment opinions and trade ideas;
- Proactive and entrepreneurial engagement on ECM transactions distributing to institutional clients in East Africa, South Africa, UK, EU and US.
- Distribution of DCM transactions, mainly into East African institutional and High Networth clients (in collaboration with internal Client Solutions teams).
- Corporate Broking
- Provide ongoing advice to corporate clients C-suite and Investor Relation teams;
- Deliver ad-hoc and day-to-day equity market conditions, investors’ views and trading intelligence to corporate clients;
- Advise and manage investor roadshows and other corporate access events on behalf of corporate;
- Facilitate distribution and settlement of primary ECM and DCM transactions
- Work with the ECM and DCM teams to advise on the raising of equity and debt finance;
- Manage coordination, communication and settlement of public-side ECM and DCM transactions with internal (ECM/DCM, sales, sales-trading, research, legal, compliance, back office) and external (investors and syndicate desks of other banks/brokers) counterparties;
- Collaborate with the Capital Markets- and sales teams to successfully distribute- and settle primary equity capital raised to institutional clients.
- Manage the public-side (institutional clients) Syndication of African ECM and DCM transactions, acting as a bridge between corporate and institutional clients in the public engagement of ECM transactions
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, Actuarial Science, Business/Commerce, Economics or a relevant field of study;
- MBA/MSC and/or CFA qualifications
- Relevant CISI and ICIFA certifications
- At least 5-8 years’ sell-side or relevant buy-side experience in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) equities products in a senior sales/sales trading role or in an equities analyst/portfolio manager capacity.
- An understanding of Kenyan capital markets, including the regulatory environment – prior experience in Investment Banking/Corporate Finance would be an added advantage
- Seasoned experience in client relationship management with a demonstrated track record applying judgement, best practice and business knowledge to solve complex problems and improve processes.
- Hold established and current institutional investor relationships.
- Established relationships with Kenyan and broader East African listed companies and ideally have a proven track record of engaging with Corporate C-suite and Investor Relations teams.
- Have a track record in successfully executing/distributing ECM and DCM primary transactions in East Africa/SSA/or broader frontier markets;
- Proven current experience of successfully marketing/distributing ECM and DCM deals (IPO’s, Rights issues, ABB’s, Corporate Bonds etc.)