Lucrative Job Opportunity At Sua. Apply!!
Lucrative Job Opportunity At Sua. Apply!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Applicants are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill vacant positions at SUA- APOPO RODENT RESEARCH PROJECT. The application letters should indicate names and addresses of THREE REFEREES, together with CERTIFIED COPIES OF ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES, furthermore the applicant must submit a copy of BIRTH CERTIFICATE, a signed and updated CV and other testimonials. All applications should be addressed to the DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE), P.O. BOX 3000, CHUO KIKUU, MOROGORO to reach him not later than three weeks from the date of this advertisement.
As part of APOPO’s Innovation Team, the Researcher will be primarily responsible for supporting ongoing research activities through assisting with the design, execution, and analysis of behavioral research studies, including research session planning, laboratory preparation of odor samples, data collection and analysis; and documenting results in manuscript format; as well as animal training, handling, and feeding.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree or Masters in Biology, Laboratory Technology, Biomedical Engineering, Psychology, Animal Science, Zoology, Statistics, or equivalent
- Prior research experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite applications, including Excel and Word
- Prior experience conducting statistical analyses using relevant software
- Strong verbal and written English
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to be resourceful, proactive, and seek assistance as needed
- Strong organizational, planning and time management’s skills with ability to oversee multiple tasks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support ongoing research by participating in team meetings, assisting with data collection and analysis, preparing odor sample,
- Assist with planning, execution, and analysis of behavioral experiments with rats
- Collect and analyze relevant quantitative and qualitative data in a timely manner, including computing appropriate statistical analyses
- Feed, handle, and conduct experiment and exercise routines with rats
- Manage research material inventory
- Draft research manuscripts detailing experiment methods, results, and conclusions
- Critically evaluate controlled experiment designs and help form and test new hypotheses
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned by a superior
TERMS OF CONTRACT: Contract will be for 1 year (including a 6-month probationary period) and is renewable depending on the performance and funding
AGE: Not above 45 years old
SALARY: As per Treasury Registry Salary Circular No. 6 of 2015 which is applicable at the moment