Latest Job Vacancy At Kenya Union Of Savings & Credit Co-operatives Ltd. Apply Now!!
Latest Job Vacancy At Kenya Union Of Savings & Credit Co-operatives Ltd. Apply Now!! 1 PositionKenya Union of Savings and Credit Cooperatives Lim
General Manager at Kenya Union of Savings & Credit Co-operatives Ltd
As the voice and lobbyists for Savings and Credit Cooperatives in Kenya, we at KUSCCO have been at the forefront of efforts to form and develop strong and viable SACCOs. Our key roles at KUSCCO – as the umbrella body for SACCOs – are mainly advocacy and representation. In addition, we offer SACCOs and other cooperatives financial and technical assistance, tailored to largely benefit the middle and low income earners both in Kenya’s rural and urban areas. This is a significant fraction of Kenya’s population that drives the country’s economy through the small and medium enterprise (SME) engine.
Job Reference No. MS/GM/10/2020
Type of engagement 5 Year Contract (Renewable on performance)
Reporting to the Board, the General Manager will develop and deliver business and people strategies, which support the Sacco’s overall strategic aims and objectives. S/he will lead management in creation of a stable and supportive environment within which, s/he will manage and grow the society business ensuring strategy execution.
- Lead the development and execution of the Sacco’s strategy.
- Manage the day to day operations and business growth of the Society.
- Manage the Sacco’s performance against agreed targets and budgets within the approved policies and standards and in line with the Sacco’s strategic objectives.
- Establish a strong Risk, Compliance and Governance Framework embedded across the organization.
- Establish and maintain appropriate reporting systems to ensure the Board and management team are well appraised on the Sacco’s performance.
- Maintain effective communication with members, employees, Government authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the statutory and regulatory requirements, Society’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Safeguard the Sacco’s physical and financial assets by taking appropriate control measures for the effective utilization, proper maintenance and custody of all assets.
- Ensure timely implementation of the Board recommendations.
- Maintain a conducive work environment to attract and retain the best human resource talent to the Sacco while maintain a positive corporate culture.
Necessary Qualifications and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- A professional qualification; CPA (K), ACCA, etc.
- A member of a professional body; ICPAK, MSK, IHRM, ICPSK, etc.
Skills and Desired Qualities:
- Leadership and Strategic thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Coaching and mentorship skills.
- Knowledge and experience of working with accounting packages.
- Minimum 5years relevant experience preferably within the co-operative sector.
- Has satisfactorily served in a comparable position with similar responsibilities.
Do you want to increase your chances of landing this job? Request for CV editing today!