Latest Job Opportunity At Sendy Limited
Latest Job Opportunity At Sendy Limited 1 PositionSendy Limited
- Credit Controller (Nairobi) at Sendy Limited
- Assist in the production of monthly credit risk data, analytics and commentary used for quarterly earnings preparation, Investor presentations and reporting.
- Perform portfolio analysis of the Sendy’s Credit Risk exposure in support of key external reporting and reporting to senior risk management.
- Be encouraged to think creatively, challenge status quo, and deliver across a multitude of strategic objectives.
- Stay up to date on the latest Risk related news and trends across the financial services industry, markets, politics, etc. to anticipate potential impact(s) on Sendy, our loans, and our AR position.
- Prepare/maintain/review monthly financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, equity roll forward, cash flows and various management reports, ensuring accuracy and consistency with accounting standards.
- Manage the month-end close process, including review of journal entries, account reconciliations and account analyses in a timely manner
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems with the goal of maximum utility to other executive team and departmental leaders
- Serve as a key point of contact for debt fundraising and investor due diligence.
- Manage the cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Monitor debt and credit, pursue collections.
- Hands-on partner to FP&A for business planning, financial forecasting, budgets, and management reporting activities
- Lead and manage all AR activities, procedures, monitoring standard, reporting, etc with the ARs in each respective business unit and subsidiary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 3-7 years of experience in risk and/or financial reporting. 6-10 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Understanding of credit risk (i.e. traditional credit products and counterparty risk)
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working within a team environment as well as communicating across departments
- 2+ years of people management
- Experience in a startup or other fast-changing environment
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- BA in Business, Accounting or Finance, CPA or CFA (or equivalent) required.
- Experience leading process optimization and financial systems implementations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively interact with Executive management and cross-functional teams
- Ability to explain complex or technical financial subjects to a non-technical audience
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
- Flexible vacation
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options