Laboratory Service Officers (2) At Amref Health Africa
Laboratory Service Officers (2) At Amref Health Africa 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Position:||Laboratory Service officers (2),|
|Work Station:||Tarime Office (1), Musoma Office (1)|
|Reports to:||Regional Program Manager|
The Laboratory Service Officer will strengthen Laboratory Quality Management System and provide technical support of laboratory services to improve quality of HIV diagnosis and Viral Load Monitoring to attain the current 95-95-95 of the HIV clinical cascade
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting health facilities through an evidence-based CQI approach to implement a comprehensive Lab quality management program to surpass the 9595-95 targets and adherence to safety laboratory requirements.
- Strengthen External Quality Assurance (EQA)/PT program for EID, HVL, HRT, TB and OI tests through mentorship and Technical assistance
- Work collaboratively with Tanzania Posts Cooperation and CHMT to strengthen laboratory sample transportation/results transmission and other HIV related testing to meet National standards
- Work collaboratively with Hub and TA partner to strengthen the Laboratory Information System
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports regarding HVL/EID, reagents status and any other laboratory matters in their region/District
- Ensure that laboratories are familiar with supply chain management procedures
- Work close with RLTs, DLTs R/CHMTs in quality management systems to increase coverage of laboratory participation into SLMTA and ensure graduation with at least 2 stars for enrolled Laboratories
- Participate in training, mentorship, supportive supervision and clinical guidance to health providers as needed
- Strengthening the utilization of POC machines for both EID and VL samples
- Make use of training materials/curriculum, SOPs and Job Aids useful to the providers according to the National guidelines and policies
- Participate in meetings/events relevant to the project and provide relevant technical contributions according to the Ministry of Health guidelines and PEPFAR policies
- Collaborate with all other project staff in the related program areas as would be needed
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- A minimum qualification of Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences, with knowledge and skills in molecular biology, Good Clinical Laboratory Practices of, and Quality management systems.
- Proven competence in supporting the HIV related Lab services at least 3 years of “hands on experience” as Laboratory officer/Manager position in HIV prevention, care and treatment in PEPFAR supported NGOs
- Knowledge and skills in laboratory mentorship on quality improvement is an added advantage.
- Sound understanding of the Molecular laboratory settings, testing flows, and laboratory data analysis
- Experience in M&E as it relates to laboratory services (Including LIS, eSRS, GX-alert)
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills
- Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.