Laboratory Manager At Mombasa Water Supply And Sanitation
Laboratory Manager At Mombasa Water Supply And Sanitation 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Mombasa Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited is a limited liability company that was established in March 2011. The company took over the operations of water and sewerage services provision in Mombasa County as from 1st September, 2005. This was after finalizing negotiations on the water Service Agreement with the Coast Water Services Board and appointing the first Board of Directors. Owing to Corporate Management challenges under the appointed board of directors, the company failed to attain key performance indicators in the provision of water and sewerage services and was taken over by the Ministry of Water and Irrigation. Thereafter, it was incorporated in March, 2011 under the companies Act chapter 486 Laws of Kenya, and was finally operationalised in 25th July, 2011 under a new Board of Directors. The company has the mandate to providing cost effective and affordable quality water and sanitation services to the residents of Mombasa County.
Purpose for the Job
To ensure that the laboratory maintains high standards of accuracy and operational efficiency in line with applicable standards.
- To analyse samples collected for testing for the various waste water treatment parameters.
- To ensure that the effluent is treated and disposed of in an environmentally friendly way.
- Prepare and adhere to work plans and programs for the waste water plant and other treatment facilities laboratory operations
- Budgeting for laboratory equipment and reagents for treatment plant and other facilities.
- Identification of suitable sampling points on sewer networks and sewage treatment plants
- Detection of sources of sub-standard or unauthorized sewage and industrial effluents
- Ensure compliance to NEMA effluent standards (Environmental Management and Co-ordination (Water Quality) Regulations, 2006, Third & Fifth Schedules).
- Mentoring and training of staff at the station.
- Regular evaluation of laboratory personnel competences.
- Researching on new laboratory methods of analysis
- Preparing laboratory reports and proper record keeping
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the head of division/Department.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- 5 years experience in a related field.
Required skills and competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to adopt in a highly changing environment
- Strong leadership, management skills
- Be a team player and uphold integrity
Basic Salary Details: 50,000 – 98,997 Kshs. per month:
Terms of employment: Permanent and pensionable
In additional to the above requirements, each candidate must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through provision of;-
- Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department.
- Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
Closing Date : 10th June, 2021