Job Opportunity At Barrick - North Mara Gold Mine (bnmgm)
Job Opportunity At Barrick - North Mara Gold Mine (bnmgm) 1 PositionBarrick – North Mara Gold Mine (BNMGM)
Maintenance Fitter at Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine
- Ensure team member in the plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE
- Able to monitor plant performance from SCADA
- Report all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) issues via an incident report
- Perform task risk assessments
- Ensure the plant operates within acceptable limits and deviations are reported
- Operate the plant according to company operation policies and SOPs
- Adhere to isolation and lock out permits procedures
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Trouble shoot process control problems and solve operation problems with assistance from the shift leader in the Control Room
- Maintaining a clean and environmentally safe work area, apply 5S principle
- Clean equipment, using scrapers, wire brushes, and cleaning solvents.
- Apply fault-finding techniques, conduct root cause failure analysis and regular plant inspections.
- Clean, maintain and repair mechanical parts, components and equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
- Conduct regular plant and steel structures inspections.
- Carry out workshop fabrication, equipment assembly and installation.
- Complete breakdown and preventive maintenance work orders, create subsequent notifications, and provide feedback on work performed.
- Attain and maintain relevant licenses and authorizations required to execute allocated duties e.g. Basic Rigging, Working at Heights, machine operation i.e. forklift.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Inspect assembled vessels and individual components, such as tubes, fittings, valves, controls, and auxiliary mechanisms, to locate any defects.
- Position, align, and secure structural parts and related assemblies to boiler frames, tanks, or vats of pressure vessels, following blueprints.
- Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves and regulators
- Attach rigging, and signal crane or hoist operators to lift heavy frame and plate sections and other parts into place
- Communicate regularly with control room / Shift Supervisor for status of plant
- Responsible for shift handover at area of responsibility
- Proactively identifying and acting on plant performance deviation
- FTC, VETA, IMTT Trade Test or its Equivalent)
- Technical/ Vocational School, Apprenticeship training, on-the-job training
- Minimum 2 Years relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment
- Mechanical and boilermaker experience
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Analytical skills, able to think logically and clearly; Strong attention to detail
- Complex problem solving skills
- Check the plant for any defects – both process and whatever maintenance required
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operate a variety of tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform safety inspections and identify safety hazards.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, work standing or in a crouched position for long periods
- Possession of Valid driving license
- Ensure defective machinery & utilization of standby equipment are reported to the Shift Supervisor
- Identify and suggest optimizations opportunities
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU: