It/billing & Data Analyst Engineer
It/billing & Data Analyst Engineer 1 PositionCasameza
- Job Purpose
The IT/Billing & data Analyst Engineer is typically assigned to deploy, administer, maintain communications system to ensure smooth Operations. The IT/Billing & Data Analyst Engineer is responsible for organization’s Billing, mediation and charging systems, data storage, the application of Network security and disaster recovery strategies to ensure Service Assurance and sustainability.
The Post Holder will provide the reporting function to maintain robust operational and reporting requirements by applying sound knowledge of SQL, Databases to provide accurate and meaningful insight on a timely, consistent and user-friendly basis.
II. Principal Accountabilities
- Responsible to keep the dependability performance of network resources at optimum level by ensuring that network resource problems are detected and corrected according to agreed timing and standards set and to highlight network resource deficiencies and to some extent predict future degradations.
- To take full responsibility for configuration changes introduced to the network and to keep the resource HW / SW configurations and status under control.
- To contribute in the creation and improvements to procedures and routines.
- Monitoring the overall performance of systems to assess the need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance and new systems, and recommending options for upgrading and improving the performance of systems.
- Set up User Accounts, permissions and passwords and define access policies.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Take control of the Billing/Mediation systems and decide next milestone to proceed to.
- Co-ordinate works on capacity expansion by 3rd Level Candidates (Equipment Supplier).
- Produce relevant report for Incidences/Outages of HW/SW resources assigned to him
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine activities such as system backup, health check on regular basis
- Prepare documentation of the planned platforms.
- Prepare and conduct acceptance tests plan, procedures and documentations.
- Configure tariff/Pricing Plans and new packages, discounts, Taxation and promotions.
- Manage daily Billing Taxation using SQL and other sources
- Integrate various systems to extract data and reconcile data for accuracy and reporting.
- Write scripts on different systems.
- Run reports to extract data from different databases and sources.
- Research and resolve Operator (Customer) disputes.
- Prepare Billing reconciliations and identify root causes of discrepancies and resolve them.
- Manage and assist day-to-day service delivery
- Configure Billing Engines.
- Configure new system parameters.
- Check system performance.
- To ensure effective Auditing, Controlling and Policing of the GSM and ISP Networks to detect abuses and report misconduct and unfaithfulness.
- Manage all Billing requirements and Billing System resources for effective Revenue Assurance (RA).
- Take leadership role in resolving Operator disputes during traffic reconciliation.
- Ability to communicate to high-level customer Reps Billing details.
- Deployment of billing/mediation/charging system engines on Virtual machines.
- Configuration of changes.
- Capacity planning.
- Ensures the department enters rates and commissions accurately
- Enters customers and suppliers accurately into the billing system
- Works suspense files daily
- Works closely with vendors to resolve trouble tickets
- Works closely with vendors to manage system upgrades and enhancements
- Responsible for accurate billing of all customers and suppliers
- Responsible for scheduling each billing cycle and ensuring it goes out on time
- Ensures proper integration and testing between the billing system and other interworking systems.
- Design, assemble, interpret and present management Data that supports business strategy development and decision-making.
- Provide expert analysis and sound interpretation of Data, and expert advice on the possibilities and limitations of the available data, personally guiding and influencing strategic decision-making forums.
- Support institution-wide strategic projects through the gathering and presentation appropriate management information and KPIs.
- Enable and promote a culture of evidence-based enquiry and business intelligence.
- Report traffic discrepancies between measured traffic from different nodes.
- Report and escalate the use of new trunks which are not already declared in the lookup table.
- Report traffic volumes whether or not there are discrepancies.
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance to colleagues in specific data-related tasks where appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- On-time reporting to direct Line Manager.
- Work on tasks assigned by Line Manager.
1. Professional/Technical competence
- Ability to understand support required for a Telecom infrastructure from an IP perspective.
- Good / excellent knowledge of the Network management system functionality and use of applications related to the work area (surveillance, analysis, configuration, trouble administration etc.).
- Good knowledge of network implementation / integration processes.
- Experience with Telecom Billing and Mediation platforms.
- Experience with telecom VAS platforms (SMSC, IVR, etc.)
- Experience with call and fault tracing and fault fixing.
- Overall administration Billing, Mediation and Database platforms.
- Monitoring CDR files such as TAP, RAP, MSC, SMSC, SGSN files, and report.
- Be proficient in SQL, T-SQL and P-SQL
- Be proficient with software programming languages such as Oracle Developer, SQL, PL/SQL, and Java and so on.
- Experience with windows server and SQL server.
- Good knowledge of windows, Unix/Linux systems.
- Knowledge of Roaming Call detection by Mediation, Roaming Call Rating, Tap File Encoding, Tap File Exchange, Tap File Decoding
- Understanding of SDN and NFV technologies.
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS technologies.
- Knowledge of Fiber Channel and iSCSI SAN protocols.
- Awareness about the software testing tools and techniques.
- Be able to produce lengthy and often complicated reports accurately and efficiently in short turnaround times.
- Be able to use sound knowledge of database design/structure to interrogate, troubleshoot and develop reports to be used for management information.
- Be able to derive data from multiple tables, join datasheets together using sub-queries and create derived fields to produce sophisticated reports.
- Be able to suggest the most appropriate ways to mine data from large datasheets.
- High understanding of database systems.
- An advanced user of Microsoft Excel, particular expertise in pivot tables and experienced user of Microsoft Office in general or similar products.
- Strong level of ability to interpret, explain and represent data as useful management information.
- Strong level of oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex information to non-expert users and stakeholders.
- Must have excellent working knowledge and understanding of the environment in which the specific data is produced especially in relation to GSM.
- Good understanding of traffic flows for signaling, MAP messages, voice, data and SIP messages.
- Ability to manage a diverse and rapidly workloads.
- Technically proficient analytical thinker.
- Strategic thinking and planning.
2. Human Competence
- Be able to work independently
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands.
- Able to work as a member of a team and lead junior staff from time to time.
- Must be able to work to tight time scales.
- High degree of analytical and investigative abilities.
- Willing to work outside office hours when required.
- Ability to work under stress.
IV. Recommended Minimum Requirements
1. Key Requirements
- Degree in BSc in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Full understanding of telecom billing is a must
- Database certifications preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in administration, configuration and troubleshooting of billing, mediation, database systems are Mandatory.
- Must have experience in Oracle and SQL Database.
- Ability to write SQL, Oracle and Java scripts.
2. Pertinent Experience
- Have 5+ years of experience in Operation and Maintenance in a Telecom environment.
- 5+ years of experience running billing systems in the telecommunications industry.
- 5+ years of experience running SQL, Oracle queries and demonstrated expertise in the entire telecom billing process.
- Demonstrated ability in understanding complex queries required for call detail analysis.
- Database, OS (Unix) Programming, DB Interrogation, DB/OS Management Skills