Internship Opportunities At Sunculture
Internship Opportunities At Sunculture 1 PositionSunCulture Kenya Ltd
Data Analyst Intern
Since the sale of our first kit in 2013, SunCulture has been on a mission to help smallholder farmers in Africa improve both crop yields and quality. We are driven to constantly innovate and improve our technology to make solar powered irrigation solutions truly affordable for the millions of farmers on the continent
About the Role
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, the Data Analysis Intern, will update, maintain, and query information on our company databases and computer systems.
Data Analysis intern responsibilities include developing MySQL stored procedures, queries, and views that produce and utilize data in a useful way. Utilize different data sources to provide connected data analysis
- Develop database structures to accurately and efficiently store data from new or existing processes.
- Develop MySQL stored procedures that produce and manipulate data in a useful way
- Utilize different data sources to provide connected data analysis
- Develop MySQL analysis queries to produce insights about SunCultures mode of business for strategic and growth decisions
- Great interpersonal skills (especially in communicating project requirements and results with non-technical team members).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings
- Experience in data analysis using Python
- Experience with data visualization software, Power BI
- Basic understanding of statistics and the ability to apply statistical models
Does this sound like you?
- 1-2 Years experience in dealing with and reporting using systems and data analytics tools and software such as PowerBI
- Degree in Data science/statistics/ IT or any other relevant field
- 1 Year experience in understanding and coding database environments in MySQL, SQL, or other DB languages
- Experience in coding in Python, R
- Experience with MS Office, GSuite, and data programs
- Good typing speed with accuracy/attention to detail
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks and work under pressure
- Passion for data entry and in-depth knowledge of the industry and current trends adaptable for SunCulture
- Independent thinker with proactive decision-making capabilities
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experience working in a dynamic environment
- Have the ability to handle pressure, keep a cool-temper, and handle rejection gracefully.
- Be organized, have great time management skills, and meet deadlines set.
- Fluency in English and Swahili is an added advantage due to the diversity of our customer base
Increase your chances of landing this job and be among the shortlisted by requesting for free CV review HERE