Integrated Senior Projects Coordinator (bondo) At Plan International
Integrated Senior Projects Coordinator (bondo) At Plan International 1 PositionPlan International
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children. The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War.
Reporting to the Program Unit Manager – Kisumu, the Senior Integrated Projects Coordinator (Bondo) will be responsible for overall oversight of Plan Kenya’s operations in Bondo. S/he is responsible for partnership building with the County Government and other stakeholders, manage the projects teams to ensure achievement of results for the beneficiaries especially girls and sponsored children and over see the implementation all projects in the programme area. The incumbent will work closely with the KCO transition team to ensure smooth phase out of the PU and continuity of grant operations.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Planning, strategy and policy (10%)
- Provide strategic leadership and support project teams to develop quality project outlines in line with the Country & Global Strategy and the Program Influencing & Quality Policy (PIQP).
- Ensure sponsorship and program work directly contributes to the outcomes for girls and young women are realised and that girls take lead in advocating for their rights
- Advance a seamless integration of Program and Sponsorship processes to give the organization optimal results
- Ensure compliance with relevant donor policies, contracts, and agreements.
- Influencing stakeholders and duty bearers to the enactment and enforcement of policies relevant to Plan work.
- Promote sensitization of staff, stakeholders and partners on Plan’s policies, strategies, procedures, values and behaviours.
- Enhance compliance to child sponsorship policies and guidelines
- Ensure correct and appropriate branding and media coverage at all times while working in contact with the Communications Manager and Country Director.
Programme and project design and influence (15%)
- Enhance realization of children and girls’ rights through design and implementation of gender transformative project interventions.
- Ensure meaningful engagement with relevant stakeholders (including sponsored children) in program activities.
- Ensure effective management of all communications with National Offices & country office on child sponsorship.
Working in Partnership and resource mobilisation (15%)
- Lead relationships and represent the organization at county government authorities and departments and establish and maintain strong networks and partnerships at sub-county and county levels to ensure Plan’s profile is held in high esteem
- Participate in relevant County level cluster meetings and promote Plan’s development agenda.
- Promote active engagement and participation of communities in Project activities.
- Identification, engagement and capacity development of partners to support program implementation.
Quality improvement and standards (15%)
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of programs according to approved project outlines and approved monthly activity and budget plans.
- Monitor the progress of project implementation and undertake corrective actions.
- Develop quality and timely reports in accordance with Organization guidelines and procedures.
- Monitor child sponsorship activities to ensure realisation of sponsorship commitments and monthly KPIs
- Promote evidence-based programming through data gathering and dissemination with wide consultation of sponsored families and other stakeholders.
- With support of M&E, enhance learning and knowledge management through documentation and profiling of Plan’s work.
- With support of M&E, maintain a beneficiary tracking system in line with monthly and quarterly reporting tools.
Financial Responsibility (10%)
- The incumbent will have oversight of the Satellite Office budgets and be the primary budget holder for several allocated budgets to levels set by the executive management team, which can be varied at any time. S/he will track monthly sponsorship activity budgets and report on any variances to relevant project/program managers and the Country Office finance manager.
- Support the development and execution close out plans and budgets for the PU
- Ensure smooth transition of donor funded projects upon phase out of the PU
- Monitor expenditures to promote prudent budget management.
- Support the development and usage of procurement plans in execution of project activities.
- Ensure timely procurement of goods and services at the Satellite Office level and Coordinate with the Administration manager at the Kenya Country Office (KCO) level to ensure availability of credible supplier database at all times.
Risk Management (10%)
- Risk assessment and ensure existence and compliance of controls for proper risk management for all functions at the PU level (operations & programs).
- Provide oversight on asset, fleet, office and inventory management
- Ensure Satellite Office resources such as assets are properly managed and accounted for following the laid down procedures at all times.
- Leading audit management responses and corrective action plans
- Ensure phase out from sponsorship is managed well to safeguard sponsored children and their families and reputation of PIK
Capability building and People Management (15%)
- Provide strategic leadership that inspires the Satellite Office team towards the realization of Plan purpose
- S/he will supervise approximately 3-4 staff.
- Manage staff performance and deal with any unsatisfactory performance proactively
- Undertake appropriate representation at leadership level and promote effective communication between the Satellite Office and the country office.
- Promote team cohesiveness and integration at the Satellite Office level and ensure all staff are clear on their individual contribution to the overall program goal
- Manage change in the phase out of sponsorship operations
- Coach and mentor direct reports to enhance their skills
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) (5%)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Leads the orientation of programme staff to ensure that they are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in project design, during implementation and as principles applied in day-to-day work of Programme team;
- Ensures that Plan Kenya contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Other duties ( 5%)
Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, Development studies and related disciplines. Post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- 4 years’ relevant experience preferable in management of gender transformative and girls’ rights projects
- At least 2 years’ experience managing teams.
- Demonstrable experience managing projects with budgets over and above US$1 million preferably across various thematic areas.
- Demonstrable experience in implementation of programs through partnerships.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Sound understanding of integrated development issues and rights based programming.
- Experience in advocacy and influencing
- Thorough knowledge of programming methodologies
- Experience in capacity building of partners
- Experience working with grassroots organizations
- Specialist expertise in either Inclusion or Social and gender norm change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Kiswahili and English.